2

It is been nine weeks and I have just gotten my doctor's all clear of healing properly. Akin and I have been living between my home and his. We kind of have a system going. The food critic's articles came out last month and it sang us such fantastic praise that we are even busier then we were before. So with Christmas around the corner, we are doing so great at the restaurant. Now with me better I can now live in my house again. I packed most of my things this morning from Akin's home and walked around to my house Jihan, Akin's security helped me back home.

Akin and I have a date night tonight and he wants to take me to another type of restaurant. I kissed him goodbye for the day and as we walked to my home next door, I looked up at the building clouds and the cold has already moved in for the twentieth of November. Wait? What? The twentieth, that means I'm in Istanbul for over a year now. I shook my head lightly.
'Ma'am, you okay?' Jihan asked me as we stood in front of my front door.

'It just hit me Jihan.'

'What has ma'am?'

'Today's date is the 20th of November that means I've been in Istanbul for over a year now. Where has the time gone to?' I asked looking at him as I unlock my home.

'It is as you say, ma'am, time is really a funny thing it goes faster than the speed of light these days.'

'You sure are right about that. Thank you so much for walking me home.'

'That is no problem, Miss Jansen. If you need anything please don't hesitate to call.'

'Thank you.' I turn to him and he may be Akin's bodyguard but he is tall and cute. 'Jihan?'

'Ma'am?' He looked at me tilting his head to the side a little.

'I want to thank you for looking after Akin so well. If it weren't for you and your men on a couple of occasions from the stories Akin told me, he wouldn't be here. So I want to thank you for looking after him so well. Thank you for your years of service you have given him and that you still willing to pursue such a dangerous job on a daily basis.' His eyes widen in surprise.

'You are welcome, ma'am. It is an honor to work for Mr. Akinözü.' He said with a hand over his heart. I gave him a smile and with a bag full of cookies we baked two weeks ago I send him back to Akin. I got ready for work. After a quick shower and drove off. Akin called me on my way to the restaurant.
'Hello angel, what is going on?'

'Where are you?' He asked and sound anxious.

'I am six or seven minutes away from the restaurant. Why do you ask?'

'There was just a guy snooping around your house. He doesn't look like your father but more like that Charles guy you talked of and showed me a picture of.'

'How do you know this?' I asked.

'I have some of Jihan's guys look after you when you're not with me. A single woman living on her own in a six-bedroom house, I want you safe.'

'Oh, Akin thank you for looking after me. But how do you know that it is Charles?'

'You showed me his picture a few weeks ago remember on facebook.'

'Yes I did, I remember.'

'Do you still have a photo of him so I can confirm that it really is this asshole?' Akin asked me.

'Yes, I do I'll send it to you the second I stop at the restaurant.' I said and pull in at the secure parking at the back of the restaurant. I sat in my turned off car and send Akin the photo. The thought of Charles being here is like ice-cold water because pour slowly from head to my feet in the middle of winter.