Open House Picnic

After the introductions were made the homeroom teacher lead everyone out. Family on one side while the students on the other, all holding onto their lunch. Zoro and Sanji stood side by side while Zoro hold onto Megumi's hand.

They reached an area near a playground. There were picnic blankets all set, evenly spaced between each other. Megumi chose the one in the middle back, a nice spot with shade. Megumi and Zoro took their shoes off and sat on the blanket. Sanji followed after. Zoro took his backpack off and took out the lunch he got ready. Sanji does the same. "Wow. That's a lot of food!" Megumi says undoing her lunch bag to reveal her lunch as she looks at all the food Zoro and Sanji had made.

"We should have talked about lunch." Zoro says looking down at all the food.

"Are we both going to eat all of this?" Sanji asks. It was kind of overwhelming.

"Can I go play?" Megumi asks looking at the kids who are playing at the playground.

"After you eat." Zoro says. He picks some food from both his and Sanji's setting it aside. With that done he digs in as Megumi does to. Sanji and Zoro made small talk about Mary and Ruby. How they got to know each other, how well they know each other. A little bit about their daughters and how Megumi became friends with them.

The girls all became friends after the hair situation. When Megumi was being bullied for her hair and wanted it to get cut. After that she started wearing her hair up, with Zoro's help of course, she always looked so pretty with her hair color and with her hair being put up in pretty and intricate designs they became friends. And last year at the open house they introduced each other to the others parents. They all became friends. Especially with all the school activities they've needed to attend. Zoro hasn't told anyone what he does just that it's late at night job. The other moms knew he didn't like it.

"Can I have some sandwiches?" Megumi asks looking at the spread Sanji and Zoro made. Zoro looks over to see her bento box empty.

"Take whatever you want." Zoro says with a smile. He may have an appetite like Luffy but that's why there is so much food. They both made enough to satisfy each other and themselves. Megumi reaches over for a sandwich. She takes a bite of it when Sanji notices a little girl with blue hair in a ponytail walk up to their blanket.

"Are you ready to play yet Megumi?" She asks, her blue sun dress flowing as she twist from side to side.

"Almost," she says holding her hand up her index finger and thumb centimeters apart.

"Oh wow, can I have some?" She ask looking down at the food then at Zoro. Zoro nods. She slips her shoes off and sits next to Megumi. She reaches for a sandwich too and starts eating. She hums in delight. "So good."

"Did your older sisters and brothers eat everything again?" Zoro asks.

"Yeah, Stevens lucky 'cause all he drinks is milk and Jj eats baby food. I have to share with Pearl, Amy, Jarry, and Sean. They never leave enough for me." Sapphire says looking down at the sandwich in her hands. She looks up at Megumi who's reaching over for more. "Your hair!" Sapphire says. "It's so pretty." She reaches up to her hair. "My mommy's bad at hair. Really bad." She says frowning.

"I heard that!" They all look to see Ruby with her ruby hair shining in the sun. It's short, doesn't reach her shoulders just yet. Zoro waves and she waves back a smile replacing her scowl. "You don't like me doing it then don't ask, maybe Zoro can do it for then." Ruby yells.

"Can you?" Sapphire turns to Zoro.

"I don't have a hair brush and pins." Zoro says.

"Mom does." Sapphire eats quickly and goes to her shoes putting them on and leaving.

"Then I better deliver this now." Zoro says taking the lunch box he set aside.

"Where are you taking that?" Sanji asks.

"Headmaster. I wanted to say thanks. She really helped me last year."

"Can I come too?" Megumi asks.

"Sure."

"Wait why don't I go and deliver it." Sanji stops them. If both of them go they will never find their way. "I should introduce myself to the headmaster." That part is true.

"Okay." Zoro says handing the food over to Sanji. Sanji stands with Megumi and walks to the edge of the blanket were their shoes are. They put them on and leave. Megumi right next to Sanji. Zoro gives them a whole hearted smile.

Sanji was amazed at how nice the school is. Everything is pristine and clean. No dust. Sanji goes to the headmaster's office. He knocks once, then twice.

"Who is it?" He hears a deep, scraggly voice call out. Sanji freezes, how does he introduce himself.

"Its Megumi." She says.

"Oh come in." She say. Megumi opens the door and walks in. Sanji follows. "Megumi!! It's good to see you and Zo-" she looks up to see Sanji. Well that's not Zoro. "Who is this?"

"My daddy."

"Hello. Im Sanji Vinsmoke. I'm her dad." Sanji waves his hand. "Zoro wanted to give you this." Sanji hands over the box full of food. She happily takes the box and starts eating.

"So are you and Zoro married now or dating?"

"What? No." Sanji says with a blush. For some reason he wanted that to be true. "Im Megumi's biological father. Zoro and Megumi moved in with me over the summer."

"I see. I'm guessing he got a better job."

"Yes."

"Good, good. Now tell me how did it happen."

"How we met again or-"

"Yes! How you both met again! Why would I be interested in anything else? I would like to know the story behind Megumi running away."

"Alright." Sanji says. He looks over to see Megumi sitting on the couch looking at an old doll.

___

Zoro sat in the shade looking at all the food that they still have. He couldn't take another bite so he packed everything away. He just sat there with nothing to do until...

"Wheres Megumi?" Zoro turn to see Sapphire standing there. In her hand is a small make up kit.

"She's going to see the headmaster."

"With the other man that was here?" She asks taking her shoes off and sitting in front if Zoro.

"Yes." He takes the make up kit and looks through it to find a few pins and a small brush.

"Who was that man?" She asks. Zoro undoes her ponytail.

"That's Megumi's father." He starts brushing her hair.

"Are you married to him?" She looks back at him.

"No. We just live with him."

"How come you're not married? Mom says that people who love each other get married and have babies."

"We don't love each other but we dont hate each other. Now is it ok with you if it doesn't look like Megumi's?"

"I just want it pretty." She turns around. Zoro decided to have braids go into the ponytail and have the hair act like the rubber band.

Marriage. He's never thought about that. Never had the desire to and never met anyone who would make him want to. Well almost never. Being with Sanji and Megumi is kind of like being married or at least that's what he thinks. He wouldn't know. Zoro starts blushing. How embarrassing to think about things like this now. Almost like some sort of maiden. It did make his heart skip a beat when asked if they were married. Would he mind getting married to Sanji?