4

When we get inside Rebekah tells me that the blonde is the doppleganger's friend Caroline and that the doppleganger's name is Elena.
They're sitting at a booth and I follow Rebekah as she walks up to the table.

"Careful Caroline. It's all well and good until she stabs you in the back." Rebekah scoffs.

"What are you doing here? I know your mom's rules. No hurting the locals." Elena states

"Get over yourself Elena. It's not all about you." Rebekah states and sassily walks up to a boy with blue eyes . She hands him an invitation to the balls.

I leave with Rebekah out of the restaurant to get ready for the ball.

"Not to be mean, but the Original Doppleganger was prettier." I state.

"Oh she was, but they're all back stabbing whores in they're own way." Rebekah replies.

We arrive at the mansion and see a dress laid out on my bed. It was beautiful.

It was amazing and I absolutely adored it

It was amazing and I absolutely adored it. It was perfect.

I got my hair done as well. I just decided to place it in a fancy bun with flowers in it to match my dress.

The ball had begun and I headed downstairs. Everyone was already there. I walked down and they all looked at me. I made eye contact with Kol. My heart fluttered a bit and I got butterflies in my stomach, but I looked away from him and ignored it.

I stepped on the floor and was greeted by my brother, Aeron.

"You look beautiful." He says.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." I joke.

"Thank you." I say.

I see the doppleganger enter the ball. I excuse myself away from my brother and I approach her.

"Hello, I don't believe we've officially met yet, I'm Mara." I greet politely while holding out my hand.

She looks a little nervous at first but she shakes my hand and smiles.
"Elena, I've heard about you before from Rebekah." She says.

"Yeah, all good things I hope." I say.

"Mostly." She jokes. I giggle a little.

"So, where are your dates? I'm sure you have plenty. The Petrova doppleganger always has suitors lined up for her." I state.

"They don't know that I'm here." She tells me.

"Oh, we do." Damon  speaks.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asks him.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Surprise, surprise. Nice tux. You're not supposed to be here." Damon says to her.