10

1037 A.D

I have become a monster. My life has completely changed and I cannot survive this. I feed on innocents, my friends fear me, and Kol has gone mad. I cannot control my blood lust.

Just yesterday I wiped out a nearby village. I was never one to be aggressive unless I had to be. I have gotten into altercations with Mikael before, due to his deep hatred of Niklaus.

When I was younger, Nik and I were the best of friends. His father had hated him and so I would try to protect him. I taught myself how to properly wield a sword in order to ensure his safety.

Then, Niklaus turned into a wolf. That's when we all knew the dirty truth. He was our brother.

Mikael was enraged by what had occurred. He murdered my father out of cold blood, right before my own eyes.

My father did not want to turn into a vampire due to his loyalty to his pack.

Due to this, Niklaus and I grew estranged because my father died because of him. I know it is not his fault for Mikael's outburst, but it still hurt me.

I have drifted from Rebekah as well. She and my brother Aeron are constantly together now. I love that they love each other but I do miss my closest girl friend.

Samael, he's a wildcard. He has grown to enjoy the feed, the chase, the power, of being a vampire. It is truly sad because although he always enjoyed being rude and hurting others, now he's resorted to murdering them.

The only person who has been constant with me is Kol. We love each other. He and Samael love to kill people and they often go o murdering sprees together. They're about the same age so they grew up best friends.

Kol has been great with me though. He has taught me to stop my self loathing and to embrace what I have become. He is upset about his magic leaving him but he cares about me more.

We love each other and I do not think anything can change how we feel about one another.

Flashback over.

I'm on my way to see Kol. He's currently in Paris and I thought that I'd come visit him. I want to let go of what happened all those years ago. But, I want to talk it out first with him.

I arrive in Paris. I exit the airport and I see the infamous smirk of Kol Mikaelson.

"You look ravishing, darling." He greets.

"You're not too shabby yourself." I reply.

We end up at a restaurant.

"Kol, I wanted to talk to you." I say.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Why did our relationship end all those years ago?" I ask.

"If I'm being honest, I was envious of you. I wanted my magic back so badly and you had yours. It was a stupid jealous fit. In my mind, you took what I wanted and I was angry. Then I cheated on you, multiple times. I got even worse when I saw how hurt I was making you feel. But I couldn't swallow my own pride to own up to my mistakes. " He admits.

A small tear falls from my eyes.

"All of that was because you were jealous of my magic? Look, I'm sorry that I gained powers. You are jealous of me for something I didn't ask for. Instead of talking to me about it you slept around with a bunch of whores behind my back and made me seem like the bad guy. You are supposed to be the love of my life, Kol you're supposed to help me and we needed to stick together. You ruined our relationship." I state.

"I'm not mad anymore about the magic and we can get back together." He says.

"Did you not think to see if I'm still mad about all of the shit you put me through? You are the one thing on this planet that holds the keys to my heart and humanity. When we broke up, I turned it off. I'm pissed off, Kol. You destroyed me and now you're the only one I can truly love. But, I can't get back together with you. I love you so much, but I can't allow you to continue hurting me just because you're jealous." I tell him.

"I understand. I do love you too, Mar. I will spend eternity trying to make up for what I did." He promises.

"Thank you." I say.

I stayed with him in a hotel room. Nothing happened but we did talk a lot. This was exactly what we needed to mend our broken past.

Sorry, I know this chapter sucks. I am really sick right now but I will try to make it better. This was a filler chapter. She will return for episode six so hang tight :)