9

a/n: I skipped episode 2 because I didn't really know how to fit Mara into it. But I hope you enjoy this one!

I left the mansion with Niklaus. Even though I'm mad at him, I didn't know who else to hang out with. Rebekah went out of town yesterday to visit Aeron. But she's back now but she's at school and I don't really want to go to school today.

We're in the Lockwood mansion. Klaus has some hybrids keeping an eye on Tyler.

Carol and Tyler walk into the house.

"Who the hell are you two?" Tyler questions.

"Tyler, it's okay. They're here for your protection." Carol replies.

"More deputies?" Tyler asks.

Klaus and I enter the room from the parlor. We have another hybrid following behind us.

"Not exactly." Klaus tells him.

"They're hybrids." Tyler says.

"I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot." Klaus says.

"Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch, then kissed my girlfriend. So, maybe we're even." Tyler tells him.

"Not even close. But, you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." Klaus states and starts to walk away.

"Consider them your new bodyguards." He says to Tyler and leaves.

I follow after Klaus.

"I have to say something." Klaus says to me.

"What is it ?" I ask.

"I'm sorry about Samael. He was there to retrieve my body and he died doing so. I know I wasn't very close to him even though he is our brother. But I truly am sorry that he died." He apologizes.

I just nod in reply. I don't really know how to respond to an apology from Klaus. He never apologizes.

I wonder what Kol is doing right now.

I decide to text him.

M- hey

K- Hello, darling.

M- i don't really know why i'm texting you right now. for some reason i feel like i have to check up on you.

K- I appreciate the thought, Mara. You can always join me in the mile high city if you'd like.

M-as enticing as that offer may be, i can't leave bekah and nik alone with each other right now. one is bound to rip the head off of the other.

K-Alright, darling. Well, if you ever want to visit me, you're always welcome.

M-i'll take that under consideration.

K-Bye, Mar.

M-bye.

That was the dryest conversation I think we've ever had.

It's sad, honestly. I do love Kol, still. But, he's hurt me so much in the past and I always let him back in and I'm done.

I walk into a room and I see a girl with dark hair.

"Who the hell are you?" She asks me.