16

this chapter is gonna hurt me so badly. i hope you enjoy :(

I woke up with Klaus and Rebekah both out of the house. Aeron lives with Rebekah right now so I doubt I'll see him today.

Kol is M.I.A. so I am worried about him. He and I have seen what Silas is capable of and these people want to raise him, it's insanity. I understand why he's upset but he also needs to calm down. A murder spree and turning his family against him is not what needs to happen. If he would answer my calls, I would be able to reason with him. I know he'd listen to me but right now, he's too irrational to think clearly.

I receive a call and I hoped it would be Kol, but of course it's Stefan Salvatore.

"What do you want, Stefan?" I ask.

"How would you feel about babysitting Damon today?" He asks me.

"Why the hell would I do that?" I ask.

"Because we're trying to help Kol and we need a babysitter. Besides, he wouldn't have to need a babysitter if Kol didn't compel him." Stefan tells me.

"Fine, I'll be there in ten." I reply. I might as well spend the day with the elder Salvatore.

I get dressed and I leave the mansion. I arrived at the Salvatore boarding house. I enter and I hear Stefan yell, "Down here!"

I follow his voice and I make it to the cellar. I see a pale Damon with a tiny vial of blood and some water.

"Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate. If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again." Stefan tells me.

"Silent treatment, huh? Is that your best shot? He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena." Damon tells me.

"You sure about that? 'Cause I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on." Klaus says as he enters.

"Rebekah cheated on our brother?" I ask Nik.

"Indeed she did." Klaus replies.

"Well, well. Looks like my brother ripped out a page of my revenge-sex handbook." Damon says.

"Well, why don't you two enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? Come on, Klaus." Stefan says as he an Klaus leave.

Damon is laying on a bed and I'm sitting next to the door.

"You know, none of this would be an issue if you'd have just done your job properly. Klaus literally created baby vamps and all you guys had to do was kill them." I state.

"Yeah, okay. I would love to see you try and get these Xbox brains to focus." Damon says.

"I'd probably do a better job than you did." I tell him.

"Yeah, I'm sure you could. You confuse me, Mara." He says.

"How so?" I ask.

"I can't read you. You pose as this kind, gentle soul who just wants to help people. But then you go and slaughter a bunch of hybrids in ritual sacrifice." Damon says.

"I never said I was gentle or kind, Damon. I'm simply complicated. I don't necessarily want people to get hurt or die, but also I don't put up with the bullshit you people go through." I reply.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"You and Stefan are always trying to do the right thing for Elena. You put up this tough guy front when really you'd do anything for her. You guys always try to help people not get hurt and you never end up getting things done the way you planned to. Someone else always has to come save the day, whether it's Klaus, Bonnie, or me. I'm not scared to make the tough decisions and I'm okay with paying the sacrifices for the greater good. You all are so clouded in your love for Elena that you only think of what would benefit her." I explain.