It Hurts Me: For ChristanDowdel

It Hurts Me

For ChristanDowdel  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING: this has self harm in it. Please do NOT read if it will have negative affects on you!

You  both 16 for this first part

*********

You watched from afar as your crush and his friends landed their dragons in the academy.

You saw Hiccup, your long time crush, laughing at something Astrid, his girlfriend, had said.

Hiccup said something back before kissing Astrid on the cheek.

You felt a sharp pain in your heart and looked away. You just couldn't watch anymore so you went home. Which just so happens to be next to Hiccup's.

Later that night, you were cutting vegetables for your dinner. Your house was quite, like usual. Your parents had died from a dragon raid a couple years ago so it was just you and (D/ N), your (D/ T), now.

You let your mind wonder as you made your dinner. Why doesn't Hiccup notice your absence? Before y'all made peace with the dragons, the two of you were best of friends. You were there as he trained Toothless, his night fury; you were there to help him. Why didn't he notice you now that you weren't there? Maybe he did-

OUCH!!!!!

Your thoughts disappeared but we're replaced by pain as blood flowed slowly out of your hand. You had accidentally cut your hand and made a small, and luckily not deep, cut across your palm.

You bandaged it immediately before releasing: the pain had made your thought about Hiccup to go away.

You continued making dinner, a new plan forming in your mind.

***************** (4 years later. You are both 20 but before the second movie)

You heard laughter behind you, but didn't turn around. Instead, you kept looking at the setting sun in the middle of the village. It was lovely.

Then something shoved you forward and as you stumbled, two hands reached out to catch you. "Sorry," he said.

"Hiccup!" Astrid scolded. You heard Snotlout and the twins snicker in the background.

You looked up to see Hiccup behind quickly looking back at the ground as blush covered your cheeks. "It's okay," you whispered.

"Sorry. I'm so sorry," he repeated. "I should've been paying attention. I'm so sorry."

"I said 'it's okay'. It was an accident," you said before walking away, still looking at the ground. You walked home, going to sleep soon before the sun completely set.

***************

You awoke to screaming. It was normal occurrence since the dragons attacked so often. You jumped out of bed to give your parents good luck before they went out to fight.

When you got downstairs they were already gone. Must've been in a rush, you thought. I'll go try and help.

You ran upstairs to grab your helmet before racing out the door. You saw your mom not too far away fighting a Zippleback.

"Mom!" You cried, running towards her.

She turned towards you at the sound of your voice. "No! (Y/ N), stay back! Ahhh!" she screamed, the firey breath of the dragon burning her.