.14

Summer brings intense heat waves and enough sweat to drench a shirt by simply stepping outside. That didn't stop Sunday from dragging me out on walks though. It also seemed to change her much like winter had, but not as drastic. It was a simply bit of moodiness occasionally that threw me off every time as I never expected it.

"Seamus!", she squeals as I pull her into my arms, right in the line of fire for the sprinkler. She squirms as I hold my grip on her, soaking both of us in the process.

"Seamus let me go.", she snaps. I quickly release her then look at her clearly upset face. I frown and open my mouth to apologize but she's already running inside. I follow close after looking through each room of the house until I find her sitting in front of the ac.

I notice how she'd changed outfits and was now completely dry except for her hair which was still damp from the water.

"Why'd you come in?", I ask sitting next to her.

"It was too hot.", she shrugs, picking at a small fleck of grass that was stuck to her foam flip flop.

"That's why we were in the water silly.", I chuckle and she rolls her eyes shaking her head. I watch her closely as she looks at the air conditioner then me.

"It's cooler here.", she points out shrugging.

"Okay.", I chuckle. Sunday smiles, laying out on her back. I look at her, as she rests her arms behind her head, eyes fluttering shut. I quietly get up to go change out of my still sopping wet clothes, making sure not to disturb her.

When I come back though I discover only a note laying where Sunday once was. I sigh and pick up the piece of notebook paper that had been carelessly torn out, leaving frayed edges.

Had to go to work, talk to you later -Sunday

I smile slightly then walk over to the couch laying out. Searching around the coffee table with my hand I grasp the remote flipping through the many different channels trying to find something to watch. Finally I give in and turn it to the food channel figuring there was nothing else on.

The ringtone of my phone goes off startling me enough to make me jump slightly, resulting in almost falling off the couch. I slowly get up and snatch my phone up, rather unhappy about almost falling off my own couch. I see a text from Aleks and raise an eyebrow. I open it curious as to what he had to say.

Hey um I saw Sunday with some guy just now....

With just that text my heart sunk and shattered into millions of pieces at the same time. I feel a bit dizzy and I immediately try to convince myself it's not true. This was just some harsh joke Aleks was playing on me. Soon after Aleks sends me a text with an attachment. That attachment had a picture of Sunday kissing some other guys cheek.

I lock my phone and set it down slowly backing up as if it was about to rip me to shreds. My breath slows to a near minimum as I continue to try and convince myself it was nothing. Just a friendly gesture or something, Sunday would do that. Finally I collapse on the couch feeling as if I were sitting in a meat locker from how cold I was. My mind races with countless possibilities and finally I decide it was a friendly gesture, Sunday does want people to like her after all. That's it that's all it was.
------
A/N this is awful and I apologize, this books gonna end soon though c: I'm excited but sad only one for tonight as I had other stuff going on aka sadness, bye though!