.06

I sit in a rather comfy chair, surrounded by the scent of cinnamon and multicolored throw pillows. Sunday is curled up on the couch a few yards away messing with the scarf she was wearing. An awkward silence seemed to hang in the air as we both searched for something to talk about.

"So how's work..", Sunday asks.

"Good, I mean it's work.", I say a slight sarcastic tone hinting in my voice. She nods not noticing.

"How's your work?", I ask quietly.

"Umm well currently nonexistent.", she mumbles playing with the lose threads on the end of the maroon scarf. Her eyes are focused on it looking rather embarrassed by her statement.

"I thought you had a job.", I say. Then I realize how intruding I must sound. I gulp and mess with a frayed edge on my sweater sleeve. She bites her lower lip for a minute then releases it.

"I lost it, sad, not so long but incredibly boring story."

"Ahh I'm sorry."

"Eh.", she says falling silent. I drop the subject not wanting to prod. I look at her and her green eyes meet mine for a minute. I slouch back in the chair, letting an arm fall over the arm of the chair.

"Hey Sunday can I ask you something?"

"What is it?", she asks.

"Why is your name Sunday?", I ask curiously. Sunday grins slightly then a far away look appears in her eyes. I raise an eyebrow and wave a hand in front of her face. Her eyes flutter and she looks at me.

"How about we get some coffee to go with this story.", she asks standing up. I nod and watch as she hurries off to her room retrieving a pair of knee high brown boots. She pulls them on over her jeans, zipping them up then looking at me.

"Ready?"

"Waiting on you."

"Sarcasm not needed darling, especially with looks like those.", she teases then walking out the door. I follow the suit trailing behind her as she walks.

Soon we both hold Starbucks cups filled almost to the top with coffee that was still releasing steam. Sunday puts hers to her lips as she sips a bit then looks at me. I look around at the crisp leaves turning a reddish orange color as days of fall continue.

"So my name...", Sunday begins. She then stops dead in her tacks voice wise, but continues walking along the sidewalk.

"So your name.", I nod.

"Well what about it?", she asks. I watch as she breathes steadily, then takes another sip of her drink.

"Why are you named Sunday?"

"Well that's an..interesting story. Basically though my parents let me chose my name when I was younger...It was a difficult decision because well there's so many, Danielle, Nyrene, Hayley, Jay it's tough. When I was a kid though I loved being loved. I wanted nothing more than for everyone to love me. So I sat in my room for hours brainstorming names. I originally decided on Sundae like ice cream but then realized not everyone likes ice cream. Then it hit me, who doesn't like Sunday, the laziest most laid back of all days where relaxation is key. I went with that, Sunday as in the day of the week that everyone liked or at least I thought everyone liked. Call me crazy but I was like five and wanted affection.", she says chucking dryly at her own story.

"Are you still like that?"

"Like what?"

"Wanting to be liked?"

"I never stopped."

----

A/N Woo reasons for stuff and things. I have to go to my brothers game soon and I don't want to help. /)-(\ But I'm wearing eyeliner and feel pretty so yay to that