Prologue

Author's Note: 

So I will probably not be uploading on Mondays or the weekends at all or even Tuesday unless I don't have that much homework. My uploading schedule will definitely be all over the place so I will try to at least update once a week, and sorry if they are short

Edited: January 11th, 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stiles was on his way home from the store, bringing back pie and honey for his parents.

He was walking along the road when he gets a phone call from his father, Castiel, "Stiles where are you?!" Stiles rolled his eyes since he didn't tell anyone where he was going, "I went to the store to buy some things, why?" 

"Your dad wants you to come home, we need to talk about something important." Stiles nodded but then responded verbally when he remembered his father couldn't see him. "Okay, I'll be home in a second." Stiles hung up and flew to the bunker, when Stiles got there he was greeted with the smile of his brother, Jack, before he asked him a question, "Did you get the candy?"

Stiles nodded and pulled out a nougat bar from the bag, Jack smiled and took the candy, practically skipping to the living room. He followed Jack and saw that his whole family was in there, his parents were sitting on the couch with Jack next to them on the third seat while his uncles Sam and Gabriel were talking quietly in the corner of the room. Stiles was confused as to why they were all being so secretive but just brushed it off. His dad, Dean, noticed that Stiles had entered the room and cleared his throat. 

"So stiles there's something I have to tell you," the green-eyed hunter told his son, "Yeah?" "We're moving to California to help your grandfather with a hunt." Stiles couldn't believe what he was hearing, his dad had told him this news as if it were nothing, they were moving away to a place that they had never been to for a hunt!? His anger got to him and he snapped at his father, "Why can't we just go on a road trip and come back!? I've never even met my grandfather!" 

"Your grandfather is the sheriff over there and he needs our help, it's a big hunt as well, we decided that since he has the room and doesn't see us very often we were going to move there and be a real family," Stiles looked at his father with a look of anger and sadness, his father just gave him a look of sympathy instead of saying anything. His dad continued talking after about thirty seconds, "Now go pack, we leave tomorrow." 

Stiles groaned, "I HATE YOU!!!" Stiles yelled as ran to his room. Castiel looked over to his husband, "Maybe he just needs to calm down." "Yeah maybe you're right," Dean responded with a tired look on his face. Jack stood up and spoke out before turning to walk to his room. "Maybe we should all start packing."

Stiles was packing when his younger brother Jack appeared next to him and sat on his bed looking at him, mad. "I think your over-reacting just a little Stiles, I mean before you know it we'll be at home in California." Stiles sighed before looking over at his younger brother, " It's not that we're leaving the bunker, it's the fact they didn't tell us until today!"

Jack made a face and Stiles was curious, "What? What does that face mean?" 

"Well, dad and father may or may have not told me that we were moving last week." 

"What!?" Jack flinched when his brother yelled, "How did you know before me!? I'm older by two years'' 

"I knew first because dad and pops knew that I wouldn't freak out and overreact like someone did" Jack smirked as he said the last part of the sentence. "Yeah Yeah," Stiles muttered before putting all his bags in the living room to leave tomorrow. The next day they had left Kansas early in the morning to beat traffic, everybody but Dean sleeping on the way. 

They were on the road for twenty-two hours before they passed a sign that said 'Welcome to Beacon Hills California'. Stiles sighed and looked at the woods as the passed, getting the thought in his head that this was his new home.