{Tanjiro Kamado x Reader}

Requested by BlackKnightRadiant 💕

Btw from now on I'm going to try to change the POV so I won't be like "I saw this" but I'll change it to "you saw this". This is just so it makes you feel more engaged in this story.

- Lia

———

"(Y/n)-channnn, please marry meeee!" Zenitsu wined running after you.

"...."

"(Y/n)-channnn!!!!" He continued to yell after you. You ignored him continuing to walk away from this annoying fly.

"(Y/n)-channnn-,"

"Shut up Zenitsu!! Just shut up! I'm sick and tired of you irritating me every five seconds. Leave me alone for fucks sake!" You screamed turning around to see a cowering Zenitsu, You angrily pushed him away before storming into the butterfly estate.

You angrily walked down the hallway to your room when you bumped into a hard chest, You fell back on the hard ground.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," you apologised looking up to see Tanjiro looking very concerned.

"No you don't have to apologise (y/n), here let me help," he said helping you to your feet. You were embarrassed and flustered at the height difference between you and Tanjiro. Tanjiro wasn't abnormally tall but compared to you he was a giant.

Tanjiro smiled at you before his face changed to a concerned expression. "Are you okay (y/n)? You're giving off an angry scent."

"I..uh...I'm fine, it's just Zenitsu who gets on my nerves," You sighed.

Tanjiro laughed, "Okay, that boy sure is something."

"I know...I know," You said blushing at how close Tanjiro was to you. You knew for a fact he could sense what he was doing to you, he smirked at you mischievously before saying goodbye to you, You smiled to yourself as he walked off into the distance.

Tanjiro made you heart flutter but you didn't know why...he always made you nervous and anxious when he's around....is it because your...developing feelings for Tanjiro Kamado.....

———

That night you finally got the sleep you needed, feeling happy and refreshed you changed into your demon slayer uniform, preparing yourself for the day ahead.

Closing the door to your room you walked the halls of the butterfly estate with a smile on your face greeting everyone you walked past. Confused by your bubbly self they returned the greeting secretly wondering why you were so happy for.

You turned the corner to where the other demon slayers were at, you then stopped awkwardly looking at a flustered and nervous yellow haired boy.

"I...um..I'm sorry," he said quickly turning back to where he came from before quickly walking away.

You felt a sensation of regret and remorse, Zenitsu seemed so sad and dull after you yelled at him yesterday. Forgetting the feelings that nearly consumed you, you put on a smile and entered the room filled with the pillars and a few demon slayers.

The pillars looked at you before waving and smiling, you waved back and turned to see Tanjiro smiling while motioning you to sit with him, Inosuke and.......Zenitsu who looked sad.

You walked towards them sitting down, a servant brought everyone food but Zenitsu refused occasionally glancing at you before turning away. The pain in his eyes made you feel that sensation of regret and remorse.

"Zenitsu, can I talk to you outside?" You asked calmly as the yellow haired boy looked up with sad eyes before nodding.

You told Tanjiro and Inosuke that you two would be back, strangely Tanjiro looked very annoyed by this and glared at Zenitsu for a split second before returning to a force smile....odd..

Zenitsu quietly walked behind you as you walked outside to find a quiet place to talk. You took a deep breath before talking to Zenitsu who was looking down at his feet.

"Look, Zenitsu I know what I did to you yesterday was wrong and I'm sorry for yelling at you like that....I really hope you can forgive me, Zenitsu," You apologised looking at the sad yellow haired boys eyes.

"No, that's not....you don't have to change yourself just because I got mad once...Zenitsu I like you a lot and I consider you a close friend so please don't change yourself to make me happy," you said giving him a long hug. He sighed in relief returning back the....FRIENDLY hug.

You look up at the entrance of the butterfly estate, you see Inosuke walk out before he stopped shocked at what he was seeing and running back inside at the sight of you and Zenitsu hugging.

———

INOSUKE POV

"KANJIRO!KANJIRO!"Inosuke yelled running towards a confused Tanjiro.

"Inosuke, my name is Tanjiro not Kanjiro," Tanjiro sighed face palming himself. "Did you find Zenitsu and (y/n)?" Tanjiro said with a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"I saw Zenitsu and (y/n)! The both of them were hugging and kissing each other!" Inosuke yelled.

"You said what....they were kissing and hugging?" Tanjiro said angrily storming away before his angry face changed to a sad expression. Why was he feeling this way? Hearing what Zenitsu and (y/n) were doing broke his heart....was he...developing feelings for (y/n).

———

You and Zenitsu returned inside but only Inosuke was sitting there....Tanjiro was nowhere to be seen.

"Inosuke, where's Tanjiro?" You asked confused.

"He ran off to his room....he saw the both of you hugging and got mad so he went to find Kanao to get revenge on your guys," Inosuke lied as usual, but you believed it.

You quickly made your way to Tanjiro's room desperately looking for him. Poor Tanjiro he must've been so heart broken, but you felt a sensation of anger when Inosuke said Kanao's name...for some odd reason you hated the thought of the both of them ever being that close to each other.

You opened the door to his room quietly, you saw as his body tensed with his back faced against you.

"Tanjiro," you called out, he turned looking at you sad but forcing a smile that held so much pain.

"Hey, (y/n)," he said quietly.

"Tanjiro..are you okay Inosuke told me about how you saw Zenitsu and I hugging before," I said waking towards him.

"What...I never saw the two of you hugging. Inosuke told me that he saw you both hugging and....kissing," he said with a hint of jealously in his voice.

"No, this guy......Zenitsu and I were just hugging that's all. I felt bad for yelling at him yesterday so I apologised and gave him a friendly hug.....Are you...jealous Tanjiro," you said smirking slightly. He looked down at you before sighing.

"No I'm not....urgh..Yes I am! I don't like seeing you and Zenitsu always so close to each other...I don't line it when you talk to other boys differently to how you talk...to me," he said with puppy dog eyes.

"Tanjiro....why do you feel this way...you know I'm only being friendly to them," you said as your heart flutter at how cute Tanjiro  looked when he was jealous.

"Because....I like you, (y/n)."

———

Thank you for reading, for those who have requested I will be publishing them very soon. 💕

- Lia