{Akaza x Reader}

———

———

Being one of the strongest pillars I was admired by Ubuyashiki, although one characteristic of mine that stood out the most and was that reason why none of the pillars like me. My skin....I didn't have the fair skin that all the pillars had, I had dark skin. Both my parents had fair skin but I somehow inherited dark skin, they both hated how I looked and sent me away as an orphan. It wasn't normal in the world I lived in, no one ever liked how I looked and often made fun of me. Except for one person....well demon...and that was Akaza.

He admired my skin and always told me how beautiful I was, even though I was going against Corp rules he was the only one who excepted me for who I was.

———
Present Day

"Master, I am sincerely sorry...but I would like to resign from the demon slayer corps," I said bowing before my master.

"(Y/n), you're one of my most valued demon slayers. Why is it that you want to resign when you do so much for humanity?" He asked as I calmed down, his voice always had an effect on those around him.

"I'm tired of being avoided and made fun of by the pillars.....because of how I look," I said looking down ashamed of myself.

"(Y/n), I couldn't ever imagine what pain you go through on a daily basis and I am sorry that you have to go through that..Don't be ashamed of how you were born, and don't let it define you. You are who you are no matter what others think, I personally think your skin is unique and beautiful, (y/n)," Ubuyashiki said changing my decision. "I'm happy to talk to the pillars if you want."

"No, thank you master..I may have just rethought my decision," I said as he smiled.

"Please (y/n), call me Ubuyashiki when the demon slayers aren't around," he said.

———

After rethinking it I decided not to resign and continued as a demon slayer, master me sent me on a mission to locate upper moon 3 who was located in a near by village.

Ubuyashiki sent only me on a mission because he wanted me to go after upper moon 3 because Sanemi, Giyu and Gyomei were already busy and I was the only one capable out of the rest of the pillars to battle this upper moon.

The wind slapped my face as I ran through the dense forests leading into the village. My head raced as I could now sense the upper moon, upper moons have never been replaced in centuries and the only slayer capable of ever killing one was Yorrichi who was considered one of the best demon slayers, but passed centuries ago.

The screams of a woman were heard. I ran quickly to the sound, jumped onto an building and saw the upper moon about to devour a old man, I quickly jumped from the building and got a hit on the upper moon, slicing his arm off. Shit...I missed his head. The woman to the chance to run off.

"Ow, you annoying demon slayers," the upper moon groaned grabbing his arm and placing it back on. "Now, my dinner has ran away because of you......maybe you can replace her instead-," the demon said pausing wide eyed when he saw me.

"Your skin...it's so-" he said before I stopped him.

"Dark, disgusting...weird, I know what your thinking," I said angrily running towards the upper moon who blocked my attack by grabbing my arm.

"No...it's so beautiful...why would you think I would say something other than how beautiful you are?" He said titling his head, I blushed. He thought...my skin was beautiful.

"Y-you..really think so," I said as tears began to fall from my eyes.

"Yes, I do.....don't tell me people bully you because of it," he said letting go of my hand, my sword dropped out of my hand. I completely forgot why I was here for, I wasn't interested in killing him. This was the first time someone other than Ubuyashiki said my skin was beautiful.

I looked down not saying anything, "Look at me," he said lifting my chin as I stared into his unique eyes. "Do people tell you that you're skin isn't beautiful?" I nodded as he showed an expression of remorse.

"I think you're breathtaking," he said smiling slightly.

———

It had been weeks since I had "killed" upper moon 3, everyone seemed to believe me. No one even talked to me so it wasn't suspicious. To be honest I couldn't. I couldn't kill upper moon 3....he was different. He didn't cringe at the sight of me....he thought I was beautiful.

I stayed at my estate for a few weeks, not wanting to leave my room. He wouldn't leave my mind....i couldn't stop thinking about him. For the first time ever.....someone other than Ubuyashiki thought I was beautiful.

I turned around when I felt a presence behind me...but no one was there.

"Who's there?" I asked, a pink haired figure emerged from the shadows smirking. "It's you....wait what are you doing here, you know demon slayers are everywhere," I whispered closing my bedroom door.

"Tsk..don't worry about it. I just wanted to see you," he said walking towards me. I hid my blushing face as he pressed me against a wall.

"Why are you so nervous for?" He asked with a devilish smirk.

"I'm not.......nervous," I said before grabbed my waist pulling me towards him.

"You sure about that?" He teased.