part six

i had a nightmare that night.

like all, most, other nights i dreamt about the same exact night at the art museum with my mom.

except this time boris was with me.

we were laughing at everything and making fun of all the drawings and sculptures. everything was going fine, but you know how in dreams you're in one place then two seconds later you're somewhere completely different? that's what happened.

it was like i was teleported to when the explosion happened. but boris was gone. it was just me. i was walking around, looking for him. my mom was out of the picture.

all i was focused on was: where is boris

i looked around for a place to go and look but it was just an endless place with dust and ashes. and bodies.

none of them were boris' body, so it didn't matter. i was hoping that i wasn't about to find him lying down dead.

after a long time of searching, i found him. he was laying down, hurt, but alive. i bent down on my knees and tried to shake him awake.

he was alive for only a few more seconds. and then he was gone. as i was about to scream in sadness and agony, i woke up.

i woke up to boris shaking me.

"potter!" he whisper-yelled. my eyes almost immediately shot open. even though it was dark, i could see his face.

"are you alright?" he asked. by the tone in his voice, i could tell he was sober.

i was still breathing hard, unable to respond for a few seconds.

"y-yeah. i'm fine..."

"are you sure? you were practically screaming in your sleep, was scared you were hurt!" i calmed down a little bit.

not giving any fucks about anything, i wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his shoulder.

he didn't hesitate to hug me back. i could feel him smile into my collarbone.

"i don't wanna lose you." i told him, my words muffled by his clothing.

"why would you lose me?" he asked uncertainly, pulling away from the hug.

"i don't know, i just can't imagine my world without you. you're all i have, boris"

he smiled softly, but then looked away.

"what about popchyk?" he asked. i laughed a little.

"fuck you"

"no, i'm serious!" i rolled my eyes.

"sure. you and popchyk are all i have." he looked back at me.

"wanna know something?" he asked quietly.

"what?" i asked, staring at him. he was looking down.

"you were the first person i truly loved."

i didn't know how to reply to that, so i decided to say something stupid like he did.

"what about kotku?"

"ти ідіот, i said first!" he laughed. i laughed with him. i wasn't sure what he said or what language he said it in, but i'm pretty sure it was equivalent to him calling me a dumb fucker.

"yeah. sorry. but what about your dad?" after saying that i realized how dumb i sounded.

"potter," he sighed "my dad doesn't love me. why would i return the love?"

i felt really bad for boris. my dad didn't care for me, but he still loved me.

"that's why i'm happy you're in my life." he completed. i smiled a little bit.

"i'm happy you're in my life too..." he laid back down on his back. i laid back down with him, and rested my head on his chest.

i felt him start to play with my hair. i couldn't help but smile, i was really happy.

"goodnight potter" he yawned.

"night boris. i love you"