part nine

i smiled into the kiss. it felt like i was on cloud nine. for those few seconds, it was like all my worries drifted away.

our lips slowly drifted apart, i was still looking at his, but i could see he was looking into my eyes. my heart was racing so fast, and there were so many thoughts rushing through my mind.

"i'm sorry, i really shouldn't have-" boris cut me off

"no, potter, is okay..." i joined my eyes with his. my cheeks were getting hot, and i didn't know what to do.

"so erm... are you gay?" he asked awkwardly. i furrowed my eyebrows at him

"what? no! well, i don't think so. maybe... but i like girls too?"

"ah, i see." my heart crushed whenever he didn't say anything else. i took it as a i'm only into girls.

only into kotku i added to my thoughts.

"so you're straight?" i asked him, to confirm my thoughts.

"sure." he said sure to everything.

"what do you mean?"

"i don't know! i never thought about it." there was a brief pause among us.

"i'm sorry boris, really, it's just that... never mind..."

"no! is okay, really! but what is it?"

"it's gonna sound weird, and it's going to change everything between us." i completed.

"potter," he took my hand "you know all of the stupid shit we've done together, half of it was me making you do stuff that made you mad at me, and even after all that, we are still best friends, no? nothing will change! you can tell me."

i took a deep breath, hesitated, and then spoke.

"i like you boris." he cocked his head at me like a dog. all of his hair shifted to one side.

"like, more than a friend. way more than a friend. i've liked you for a long time, before you even met kotku! that's mainly why i never liked her..." he didn't say anything. he just looked down.

"wow."

" yeah. 'wow' ".

"i would've never thought, am so sorry." popchyk finally joined in, trotting in the room.

"don't apologize, you didn't know." boris looked down at popchyk, but didn't do anything.

"i um... i must think about some things. will be in bathroom. give me some time, okay?" boris said. i just nodded my head, looking at popper.

boris got up, and walked out of my room. i watched through the sliver of the door as he went into the bathroom.

picking popchyk up, i waited. all while being scared of what was gonna happen when he came out that door.