part seventeen

so, i was gonna do both endings and just stop the book there, but i really enjoy writing this book, so you'll see which option i'm doing even though it wasn't highly suggested, i kinda have to do the option for the book to continue the interest in writing/reading :)
(btw for my last a/n, ig i'm ending the book later on 🤣)

"boris, i'm so sorry..." i said reasonably. he kept sniffing but he wasn't crying anymore, thankfully. i got up out of his lap, and folded my arms together.

"i just need some time alone. to think. can you please go home?" he slowly stood up and nodded. this broke my heart, but it was for the best. we needed a break. i didn't want to break up, even though he thought it was me, it wasn't.

i almost said bye before he left, but i couldn't. i was in the mood to do absolutely nothing.

nothing felt real. it was weird. you wouldn't think this would mean so much but it did. too much.

all of my emotions were fighting against each other. but there was just one emotion that stayed out of it. and i didn't feel it either. happiness.

————

on monday i went back to school. i wasn't in the mood to but i wanted to just to get my mind off of things. i didn't expect to see boris there so that kept me motivated.

when i got there, it was the same as usual. but everything was faded. just from my mind/vision. it felt like everyone was looking at me. i just felt so alone, and i knew that so many people knew about me and boris.

taking time to think about all that happened made me regret literally going to school. it would've been so much better if i just stayed home. it was a dumb decision and i just now realized that, when it was too late.

i found myself looking around, i don't know what for though. the day just went by slow. boris came across my mind every so often. i missed him. so much.

lunch finally rolled around. i didn't eat. i wasn't hungry, and the lunchroom didn't have anything good anyway. i sat alone. i had nobody to sit with. scarlett would've sat by me, if we went to the same school.

every minute that passed just reminded me how much i wanted to leave. it was dumb for me to go anyway. i was scared. there were so many people, who knew about me and boris, and—

"hey, guys, look!" i heard a familiar voice yell over everyone else talking. i perked my head up (i was laying my head down in my folded arms) and looked to see who was talking.

the lunchroom got a little quieter, but not too much. some people looked at the guy who yelled. it was none other than tom cable and his gang.

"it's the faggot who was making out with that russki! where's your boyfriend? huh?" they were walking towards me now. it felt like everyone was staring, which, a lot of people were.

"i-i dont h-have a boyfriend.." i stuttered quietly. tom playfully pushed tyler's shoulder and they all laughed.

"you dont? that's really funny. but i'll let you know on a little secret.." he turned around to look at people. i had never felt so scared.

when he turned back around, he came closer to me and whispered in my ear "don't ever lie to me."

and before i knew what happened, wham, a punch right to the face. the impact was so strong and unexpected it caused me to fall out of my seat.

i landed on my back, and my head also hit the ground. hard. people all in unison said "ooo" or "ohhh", but as for tom, tyler, and nick; they just laughed. i just wanted to lay there and keep my eyes shut but i had to do something.

i ended up scooting back with my elbows til i was up against the wall. my head was pounding. i should've died of embarrassment right then and there, and also just because i didn't want to be alive anymore.

"let's try that again. where's your boyfriend?" tom asked. they all three cornered me. i didn't know what to say. i wasnt lying when i said i don't have a boyfriend, and i didn't even know where boris was.

contemplating what to say or what to do, i thought it was over for me. but then, something incredible happened.

lol cliffhanger