part seven 1/3

one week later, everything was neutral. everything went back to the way it was. boris was no longer seeing kotku, besides at school.

i was happy things were back to the way they use to be. it was selfish, i know, but i couldn't help that i wanted him all to myself and i got jealous. maybe it wasn't my fault they weren't seeing each other outside of school now...

"potter," boris said to me one afternoon as we were getting off the bus. "i cant go to your house right now."

"wait what? why not?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"is not important. but maybe see you tonight?" he asked hopefully.

"yeah, what time should i be expecting you?" i questioned. he paused to think.

"around six probably." we got off the bus, and boris pulled out his umbrella.

we walked in silence, boris holding the umbrella over both of us, shielding us from the blazing hot sun.

a little under ten minutes of walking later, we approached my house first.

"bye potter!" boris called, waving.

"bye..." i said, waving back.

it was weird walking up my front steps without boris there. i was somewhat scared, i guess. without xandra and dad being home it was scary-quiet, besides popchyk.

i opened the front door (which wasn't locked, it's never locked) and popchyk began spinning in circles and yipping with happiness.

i bent down to pet him, and immediately let him out so he could do his business.

i watched him run out the door and chase literal air. all i could think about was why boris couldn't come to my house.

maybe he wanted some alone time without me? no. kotku wasn't at his house either, and he wasn't going to kotkus house neither.

i couldn't think of anything, his words just kept haunting me, and the way he said it too

i cant go to your house right now

he sounded concerned at the time. did he? yeah... or maybe it was just me. it wasn't in his regular tone of voice.

i felt like i was overreacting, but i was trying to be reasonable with myself.

"cmon, popchyk" i patted on my knees for him to come inside after he did his business.

he scurried along inside, and i followed after him, shutting the door.

other than popchyks feet clicking on the tile floor, it was way too quiet. i drowsily walked over to the couch and turned on the tv.

the first thing that popped up was the weather. same ol' 90 degree heat in october. it was bullshit.

i didn't bother to change the channel, because i wouldn't watch it. i was just staring at the tv, thinking of what was going on.

time passed, i was bored.

time passed, i was lonely.

time passed, i was hungry.

time passed, i couldn't stand it.

i had to see boris.