Chapter 1: Battle at the Rice Fields

Qing Dynasty, in the year 1912.

In the remote area within Duoyishu China where the rice terraces are situated, there are families living with a simple life. The rice terraces are surrounded by hundred small houses where the farmers and their families are living. They are meant to protect their source of living and to do harvest in order to produce more rice for the people throughout Duoyishu.

Part of their family is Ling, a girl, during her birth, was dropped at the doorstep of a family not a popular in the area.

She is fortunate that the family she have known is the model of good values. She, together with other children who are abandoned, were raised very well despite of poverty. She did not have education but their parents teached them well how to be a good person.

Their parents do not have children by blood, and among them, she is the eldest, with age gap of 10 years. She is 18 years old while her siblings are 4 boys and 4 girls aged 3 to 8.

Most of them spent time at helping their parents in the rice fields. In between, they could also have time to play.

One day, Ling dreamt of chaos happened in their community and that she was able to fight with them with her fist and kicking.

Her mother noticed that she had a night mare, as she make that move.

Her mother wake her up and is worried about what happened to her. She then told her mother about her dream and cried. Her mother comforted her and at the same time, was shocked about her moves, seemingly she knows how to fight back.

The next day comes, in the mid morning, they planted rice while the children are playing around despite gloomy weather. They have indeed a peaceful morning, until a farmer, known to them, noticed there are people with swords run towards them.

He then shouted, so that they can go back to their houses, as the massive number of attackers approached them.

The mothers carried their children and hide in their houses, while Ling carried her siblings then going back to their house.

She looks around as the fighting between attackers and farmers started.

Then she saw a man in a brown suit with a hat riding in a flat surface at the back of the motorcycle vehicle, seemingly a foreign guy. The man laugh so loud that makes her get so mad. If she could only attack him so that the fight will stop.

The fight gets inside and so is her emotion. Then she saw the man holding a grenade. To her intense anger, she runs out from the house, when her mother shouted, holding her from getting into a fight.

She uttered, with her fiercer eyes "that man is a b*tch!"

She runs hurriedly, picking up a tall bamboo. With her much strength, she pins the tip of the bamboo at the soil while she holds the top of it then jump, trying to reach that man she called b*tch. Through her stunt, she save miles of running just to reach him from afar.

There she was able to reach him with her kicking feets around his head. Better that she reached him before he unscrewed the base cap of the grenade.

She was able to win him by dropping him at the ground, then she hurriedly go to the group of attackers that this time, already near to their houses.

She then use her stunts to defeat them - using bamboo to kick them while spinning around, rans through the tree trunks, and jumps to them, grabbing the 2 swords and do the fencing, leaving the swords dropped at the ground. The attackers dilated their eyes as a female was able to defeat them.

Then that man made a sarcastic laugh as he approached her, still riding at the flat surface at the back of his motorcycle vehicle. Then he made a clap gesture.

"Hahaha, girl, you're too amazing, I salute you!" that man said.

"You're a b*tch!" then she throw a saliva towards his face, then make a fiercer look.

He wiped her long silky black hair, feeling the smoothness then smell it, leaving his heated breath along her ear.

"You're fragrant girl! I like your smell!" then he inhaled it.

Still looked fiercer, annoyed, facing at the ground. "What are you here for?"

"Because of you!" He whispered softly. "I finally found you."

"Why me? What have I done to you for you to try to kill all of my race? I don't even know you! B*tch!" Angrily, she said shoutly to him.

He then respond shoutly "I'm not a b*tch, ok!?" Then softly he said flirtly "I'm Frank."

"I don't care about your name! For me you're a b*tch! b*tch! b*tch!" Still madly, she said.

He gets angry too as he pulled her head holding her hair with his strong hand, saying "This is my deal, you should join with me, or else, me and thousands of my men will throw away tons of grenade throughout this community."

"What? Do they need to be killed because of me? You're too unfair! I don't even know but then it seems I have a fault or something!"

"Can you just not ask about anything and just follow me!" He still pulled her head. "Take a defense, or else I will ask them to throw the grenades now!"

Holding her tears, she pleased him to release her and to say goodbye to her family and to the community who at the moment have started to go out from their houses to witness what he've done to her.

He then released her strongly then she went to her parents and siblings, saying goodbye while crying.

"Mother, Father, my little siblings, I have to say goodbye, for the safety of all of you here. They are here to get me or else they will kills all of us. I love you and I will offer my life for you." She then cried, hugging them.

Her father has a message to her "Ling, I believe in your strength that you can conquer all of them. You have such an ability that no one of us here can do. We love you and we believe that one day we will see each other again. Keep safe my dear daughter."

Then her siblings cried aloud as they hugged their elder sister.

"I will come back, promise!" Then she bid goodbye to them and to the people around.

Then she approached Frank and ride at the flat surface at the back of his vehicle. Then they, together with the batallion riding a motorcycle, went out.

Then Frank annoyed her once again. Looking maniac, he whispered Ling "can you be my girl?"

"No way! B*tch!" Then she intensely step at Frank's foot, too mad to make him hurt. Then she get the knife at Frank's belt and attempts to stab him with a knife.

"You cannot do that, honey! If you will do that, I will order my men to throw massive number of grenades. Remember, we are not yet far from them." Sarcastically he responded.

"What the nerve you called me honey!?" Disgusted, she released the knife, hated him more.

She then turnaround, leaving him behind her back.

There is a moment of silence. Then she cried, looking at the horizon.

Frank noticed that she wiped her tears. In his mind, he asked himself about her age, how did she found out her talent in stunts, how she is in her family, what kind of guy she likes, especially her name.

Then he gets softened as he gets pity about her. He decided to stop annoying her and leave her in her own silence.

Till they arrive at their station.