Chapter 9: Karma

Frank left disappointment by his decision to agree with Ling's conditions. He wishes to have Ling to him and for the mission but he cannot take anymore advances towards Ling as she is about to pursue Simon. Frank left himself hopeless to show his love for her, now that he cannot find it possible anymore.

It is indeed a Karma on his part, as even at the start, he manifested sexual assault towards Ling, now, it is Ling's turn to finally give him a repay for what he did towards her. Especially that Ling knows that Frank was having sex with another girl.

As they are all getting back to the headquarters, Frank is getting helpless seeing Ling and Simon together, Simon embracing her shoulder. If only he could turn back time and be polite towards her, perhaps he could be at the side of Simon. He looks at the stars in the sky and wish that one day Ling will learn to love him, despite it is already impossible for him and he's hurting more.

When they arrived, they have their supper. Frank saw again Simon and Ling are so close sitting together, helping each other to eat and laugh. Frank stared at them when he was caught by both of them. They just looked Frank and resume eating. Then Ling and Simon went out, bringing with them liquor.

Frank then follows them bringing along his liquor.

Ling and Simon sitting at the bench not to far from the headquarters, drinking liquor while talking loudly and teasing each other. While Frank is heading towards a far dark distance and seated, still watching them while drinking liquor and reflect at the same time while weeping. It is his first time to weep because of a girl, also is his first time of being rejected by a girl when he shows advances towards her. Now he realize how hurtful it is of being rejected, especially that he ended himself falling in love with her. He deeply regrets and thoughts coming on him about what ifs --- he treated her well when he brought her to headquarters, thanking her for saving him, showing to her that he cares, that he did not have sex with another girl. Then he realize that Simon is more deserving to her than him.

As he reflect, he saw Ling and Simon stood up, Simon holding her kneck staring at her, while Ling looking at the direction where Frank is seated. Then her eyes meet towards Frank, when Simon follows to where she looks. Then Ling and Simon look at Frank then Simon approach his lips towards Ling and start to kiss her. Frank then see Ling responded to Simon's kiss and that Ling and Simon kissed each other and it gets more intense.

Frank gets even more hurtful, weep again while watching them kissing, seems like Ling and Simon almost killed him by breaking his heart. He wished Ling should have not save him and instead left dying than seeing this moment of them. He gets even more jealous that he wants to go towards Simon and throw him with his fist. But he recalls his agreement with Ling and that Ling's plan to pursue Simon. Then he finds himself too hopeless. Then he saw Simon and Ling heading towards room of Ling, and he thought that they will finally do the lovemaking.

Frank wishes to go towards them and to stop them from doing but his shame holds him back as he do the same in front of Ling. He has no face anymore to show that he indeed care. Instead, he just remain in his seat, drinking a lot while waiting for Simon to get out from the room, till he gets drunk.

Simon went out, then Frank run towards him and throw Simon with his fist. Simon just let him fight him with a fist till Frank make him throw towards the sand outside the headquarters.

Simon said "please stop! please!"

Frank then wondered why Simon did not respond to him with a fight. He just stopped fighting, saying "Are you satisfied Simon? How does it taste Simon that you are her first time?"

Simon then stood up and said "C'mon Frank, until now you still do not change! You always think sexually when it comes to girls. Sexual thing is too private Frank, and it should not be conveyed to anyone.

Frank, I know you still love her and it finds yourself hard to handle this circumstance. You know also that I love her, I intend to pursue her and that I care for her.

Don't you remember you did the same towards her? I know she still cares for you Frank, but you left her being hurt by having sex with another girl infront of her. Oh my God! C'mon Frank! Now, you throw me with a fist as if you acted that you do care for her. No Frank! You don't care for her even at the start. I care for her! You just bring her with us and throw her some shitty sexual thing and attempt to take advances towards her!

You need to change yourself first Frank before you will finally love a girl. She does not deserve you Frank!"

Simon then tapped his shoulder and went out.

Frank then go back to where he seated beforehand to reflect. He is indeed hurting and can do nothing to turn back time and to change himself. He feels it is too late already to love her since she already have Simon in her life. Then he realize that Simon is right, he has to change himself. He then make a moving-on plans that he will never disturb Ling again and will fix himself physically and emotionally. Frank then left himself sleep alone.

The next day, Frank fix himself. He then call the attention of his group to do the plan for the next battle as they are about to arrive there. To Frank, he is thankful that the next roads that they are about to go are not anymore dessert and now is filled with grasses and trees.

Frank leads the plan, but he assigned Ling and Simon to fight with the king and queen which they also agree. Simon and Ling did not anymore bother to ask Frank as he is the leader of the group. Ling looks at Frank as she finds that he is indeed well and glowing, not anymore witb messy face, which Frank notice her, he politely smile and walks away.

Ling realizes that Frank is different now. He is no longer Frank that she have known before that is naughty and funny but rude at the same time. What she see is the quiet side of Frank which she finds herself hard to believe and she feels sad about it. She missed the naughty Frank who teases her for his advances towards her which at those moments she gets mad about it. But now she realizes it makes her laugh instead, but now she cannot hear it from Frank anymore.

Then they commence the travel towards their next destination ---- Kingdom of Chu.