Chapter 23: Water Army

Rolls of fatty beef, tripe, luncheon meat… there was essentially no need for vegetable dishes when two men ate hotpot.
Chu Qin symbolically bought a box of sliced tofu, which could be counted as a vegetable dish. After gathering the ingredients, he still needed to buy staples. This supermarket’s handmade mung bean noodles were very tasty.
Chu Qin pushed the cart to the noodle section.

The master[1] who sold mung bean noodles happened to be using a large knife to cut the noodles. The knife resembled the lever-style guillotines used in the past, slicing the noodles that had been pressed thinly into strands with banging sounds.

“With your way of cutting noodles, going on stage to perform should be possible,” Chu Qin asked for two dollars’ worth of noodles from the master and couldn’t resist chatting with the other party.

“For years where business is bad, even selling noodles requires a back-up,” The noodle-cutting master that had the supermarket’s apron tied around him and a chef’s hat on his head said proudly. His skill in cutting noodles counted as a technical skill in the supermarket, hence his salary was 20% higher than his colleagues.

Chu Qin smiled before suddenly freezing. Back-up…

He didn’t care about the news on Weibo because this sort of photo had zero chance of making any waves, netizens were not that stupid. As a host who relied on television media to survive, these sorts of remarks on Weibo could be dismissed with a laugh.
However, if someone was out to harm him, that person would certainly not be so idiotic as to only use such a method of blowing. Perhaps this was just the beginning, there would surely be a follow-up!

At home, Zhong Yibin was looking through his work emails. Regarding the issue about Chu Qin, both the network operations and public relations department had sent him an email. Since he was still on leave, the email had been sent to both him and Deputy Director Li. Deputy Director Li hadn’t replied, he likely felt that this matter was not of much importance.

[Follow this matter closely and find out who informed the paparazzi last night.] Zhong Yibin had a cold look on his face as he replied to everyone. He forwarded it to the media relations department as well, requesting for them to reply before leaving work that night.

“I’m back!” Chu Qin came in with the ingredients, shouting cheerfully. He was very fond of this feeling of having someone at home waiting for him. In the past, they could only be in this space for not longer than two days in a week. Most of the time, Zhong Yibin would accompany him for dinner before heading back to the Zhong family.

Zhong Yibin placed the mobile phone in his hand down and ran to the hall in his bare feet to receive Chu Qin.

“Aiya, put on your slippers!” Chu Qin smoothly threw him a pair of slippers. “How many times have I told you this.”

“This wooden flooring isn’t even cold,” Zhong Yibin grumbled but still obediently put on the slippers, taking the ingredients and drinks from Chu Qin.

Chu Qin took out the electromagnetic stove and pot, as well as the hotpot soup base and a few bottles of beer. Zhong Yibin moved all the things to the dining room, arranging the ingredients nicely before sitting down on the chair with a pair of shining eyes to await the meal.

The sound of popping bubbles accompanied the simmering broth that had red dates and scallions floating on top. The melding of the heat and cold air from the air-conditioner formed a dense white mist, imbuing one with an inexplicable sense of happiness.

Taking advantage of the period when the food was still cooking, Zhong Yibin brought up the issue online, “I’ve received emails already, what is your agent on your side planning to do?”