Chapter 32: Evidence

Chu Qin also had some misgivings. This case was only able to progress to this point with the help of the Zhong family's big brother. If not, given Shengshi and the police's work attitude, the case would have been hastily concluded as an ordinary blackmail case. That being said, Zhong Jiabin should not be appearing in public for this matter.

"No need to worry," Zhong Jiabin glanced at the two people. He was aware of their thoughts but had no intention of giving them an explanation, taking the lead to stride into the compound.

Chu Qin made eye contact with Zhong Yibin and followed big brother in. From afar, they resembled kids who had been bullied by naughty students and whom were now following their parent to regain face.

"You're the victim? Take out your ID," The staff at the front counter said in a business-like tone to Chu Qin. After settling his proof of admittance, the staff threw down the word "wait" without further elaboration.

"I would like to accompany him later when he goes in," Zhong Yibin took out his ID as well and prepared to complete the proof of admittance.

"That won't do. Only he was given a summons today, no other people are allowed to enter," The front counter staff said expressionlessly.

Chu Qin shot a glance at Zhong Yibin. Didn't he say he was also a victim and had also been notified? Just as they were contesting this, another staff dressed in uniform walked out and looked at the proof of admittance, "Follow me."

Chu Qin was a little anxious, "Are we seeing the suspect first?"

"En, identify the suspect first,"
The staff was impatient and gestured for him to hurry and catch up.

"Wait a moment!" Zhong Yibin dragged Chu Qin to his side. "He suffered severe psychological trauma during the kidnap. I have to follow him in."

"That's not possible, this is the rules," The staff refused to give in. Even Chu Qin's trademark smile had no effect. Every business organisation had its rules. They had to maintain professionalism even if a God or superstar came.

At this moment, the Zhong family's big brother suddenly opened his mouth, "Wait a moment."

Just as he uttered these words, someone hurriedly walked over from the office, "Jiabin, you're here."

The front counter staff quickly stood up and greeted respectfully, "Deputy." The person who came was the deputy chief of the prosecutor's office and appeared to be familiar with Zhong Jiabin.

"En," Zhong Jiabin went up to shake his hand and said a few words as a greeting, "My brother would like to go in with him."

The deputy chief turned around to see Zhong Yibin, who was grasping Chu Qin's hand without letting go. He smiled and gave the staff leading the way a meaningful look.

"Since there's psychological trauma, then family members can go in too," The staff continued to maintain a professional tone and led the two of them in.

Chu Qin almost laughed out loud. These staff members were so quick at reversing their words that they could even enter the entertainment circle. On the other hand, Zhong Yibin was somewhat dejected. He was really too weak compared to his brother. Even protecting Chu Qin was difficult for him.

They first went to identify the suspects - the three kidnappers had been separated in order to prevent them from colluding to fabricate a story. The first one they saw was that Baldie. His hands were shackled and he was seated at the designated chair, his head drooping. Hearing the movements, he looked up and saw Chu Qin, his gaze instantly becoming very fierce.

Chu Qin would recognize this face even if it were smeared with ash. He couldn't help trembling for a moment at this sudden meeting.

Zhong Yibin clasped his hand and hugged his waist, dragging him into a half-embrace.