Chapter 42: Transfer

The Hua family was selling their shares to Yu Tang and pushed him for payment as soon as possible. Yu Tang was also very agreeable. He was backed by the powerful financial group that was Big Fish Capital, so the Hua family was reassured.

The transfer procedure would take about a week’s worth of time. Yu Tang promised to immediately transfer the money over and settle the accounts on the day of the completion of the transfer.

There were ten days left to the deadline for the land and the Hua family urged the agents in charge of the relevant procedures to complete them as soon as possible without delaying even a single day. But a country’s operations could not be hurried, and seven days soon passed.

During this period, the hearing regarding Chu Qin’s kidnapping case had not halted a single bit. Luo Yuan had already been arrested and Zhou Zimeng had yet to be released. Due to the message, Mother Zhong had also been included in the ranks of a criminal suspect and had been called in to the police station twice.

“Zhou Zimeng knows very well that they hired those people, yet she still got me to send the message. She’s obviously dragging me down,” Mother Zhong returned from the police station and sat in the living room, fuming.

“She asked you to send and you sent, who do you want to blame?” Father Zhong was watching TV at the sofa.

The TV was playing Shengshi TV’s Qixi evening party and the host was unquestionably Chu Qin. Shengshi’s evening party was always done in a very lively manner and current famous singers and film stars would be invited to perform.

Chu Qin was dressed in a sapphire-blue formal suit and peacock feathers were pinned at the chest. On others, this clothing would seem gaudy but on Chu Qin, it was just nice. A popular Wanwan radio host Xiao Qian was invited as the female host and she was similarly attired in the exact same shade of dress, with the peacock feathers on her shoulder.

After an intense opening dance, Chu Qin walked out from the aerial platform and spoke into the microphone with an enthusiastic voice, “Welcome to Shengshi TV’s Qixi Acting Spoiled Evening Dinner. I am Chu Qin!”

Mother Zhong’s rage was incited from seeing Chu Qin’s face. She took the remote control and switched to the next channel, which played the soap operas she watched every day.

“Popo [1] , I know my wrongs, please don’t chase me out…” The female lead wept bitter tears as she apologized. At the side, the mistress watched on coolly.

The corner of Father Zhong’s mouth twitched. He used the system on the sofa armrest to change the channel back to Shengshi.

“Aiya!” Xiao Qian had just walked on stage when she made a show of tripping over her skirt.

Chu Qin hurriedly went forward to help her up, saying smilingly as he did so, “Xiao Qian, you don’t have to be so courteous, Laolao[2] won’t be giving out any red packets [3] today.” This statement originated from the classic film <Spirit of the Winsome Woman>. The female lead in the film was also called Xiao Qian [4] who controlled the soul of a monster which called her Laolao.

Xiao Qian was also quick-witted. She grabbed onto Chu Qin’s arm, “Laolao, why are you dressed so coquettishly today, are you in heat[5] ?” The style of Wanwan’s hosts had always leaned towards shooting their mouths off.

“Go away!” Chu Qin pushed her away in dislike, causing the audience to burst out into laughter. He was fully aware that Xiao Qin slipped yet Chu Qin didn’t intend to cover up for her at all. Instead, he directly used it as a joke, alleviating the awkward atmosphere in a minute.

Father Zhong raised his eyebrows slightly. This youngster was indeed somewhat interesting.

“You’re still watching, do you know it was this male vixen who seduced your son! Just looking at him makes me angry,” Mother Zhong switched back to her soap operas once again.