Chapter 27: Crossing a line

Zhou Zimeng’s eyes widened, “Zhong Yibin, what do you mean by that?”

“Miss Zhou, our Director is currently in the middle of discussing business matters.
Please wait outside,” Secretary Jin requested. Deputy Director Li stood at the without speaking.

Zhou Zimeng followed Secretary Jin to the reception room in a huff. She originally intended to leave but after a moment of hesitation, she decided to stay. As she sat on the sofa in the reception room, the young female secretary made a cup of instant coffee for her.

“Is there no freshly-ground coffee?” Zhou Zimeng furrowed her eyebrows after taking a sip.
“Only instant coffee and green tea bags,” The young lady said apologetically. In reality, there was a box of good Biluochun in the Director’s office. However, the Director only allowed Chu Qin to drink it, leaving the tea bags for anyone else.

“Ai, forget it,” Zhou Zimeng actually rarely came over. She would only come over to borrow money from Zhong Yibin during the occasional time she maxed out a credit card while shopping.
Zhong Yibin finished his discussion with Deputy Director Li and carefully looked through another business plan. This plan was mapped out on the basis of having abundant capital, scene layouts, research equipment, a post-production team and so on. It was on a completely different level from the one before. After pondering over it, he gave Chu Qin a call.

“Hello, this is Chu Qin,” A clear and sweet voice echoed from the headphone, instantly invigorating Zhong Yibin.

“It’s me, are you busy?” Zhong Yibin coughed lightly and smiled as he asked.

“Oh, I’m marking the station manual,” Chu Qin held onto an orange pen and annotated the areas he found to be unsuitable. “What happened?”

“Nothing, I just miss you,” Zhong Yibin originally wanted to ask how he should request for money from his brother. But after thinking it through, Chu Qin didn’t seem to be familiar with his brother either.

These straightforward words caused Chu Qin’s face to redden. Yet, a corner of his mouth couldn’t help curling up. This guy’s tendency to stick to people had always been present. Even when he still had his memories, he would constantly call Chu Qin in the middle of the day without having anything to talk about.

“What are you doing?”
“How about eating steak tonight?”

“I’ll fetch you tonight after work.”
……
These words had little meaning, but Chu Qin had always listened to them with keen interest. This was also the reason why Zhong Yibin could realize that Chu Qin had gone missing at the fastest time. Apparently, Zhong Yibin had failed to get through to Chu Qin while he was at his house gate. He didn’t even enter his house and immediately went to search for Chu Qin. This was a good habit that was worth encouraging.

“Do you have anything you don’t remember at work?” Chu Qin plugged in earphones and continued chatting while working.

“Still alright,” Zhong Yibin glanced at the time. “I won’t be able to fetch you after work today. I have to go out and socialize with my brother.”

“Okay, then I’ll eat dinner with my colleagues,” Chu Qin casually said in response as he winked at Lin Xiaoxiao, who was beside him.

Lin Xiaoxiao was immensely excited and she mouthed ‘crayfish’. Chu Qin’s promise to treat her to mala crayfish in return for guarding him for an entire night when he was hospitalized had yet to be cashed in on.

Zhong Yibin’s lips curled in dissatisfaction after he hung up. He thought that Chu Qin would be disappointed after hearing that Zhong Yibin couldn’t fetch him but in the end, he actually seemed quite happy. Zhong Yibin couldn’t resist calling him again.
“What’s wrong?” Chu Qin’s voice was still as gentle and patient as ever.