Chapter 48: Game

"Ah—" Mu Chen's deep voice filled with magnetism sent the audience off-stage into a frenzy of emotion, to the point that they burst into unending shrieks.

"Hey, the wedding ceremony hasn't even pa.s.sed and you're already entering the bridal room! Emperor, aren't you too anxious as well!" Chu Qin went up and dragged the two people apart, his demeanor that of a traditionalist.

The audience burst into laughter, Zhong Yibin also accompanying them in laughter. Every time he watched Chu Qin below the stage, he always found him especially interesting. Chu Qin on and off stage was completely different. When he was on-stage, he was a lot more lively and there were never any words that he could not respond to. But when it was just the two of them, Chu Qin's face would turn red, he would be shy, and he would be unable to talk back…

This special Chu Qin was one only he would bear witness to. Thinking to this point, Zhong Yibin felt incomparably satisfied. Someone like Chu Qin who was as dazzling as the blazing sun would obediently curl up in his embrace and let him do anything he pleased. Thinking to this point, Zhong Yibin's body was suffused by a wave of heat. He unwittingly gave a dry cough, feeling that he was a little vulgar.

The program on-stage continued to proceed. Zhu Chang diligently played his role as the head eunuch while Chu Qin acted as the official in charge of the rites during the ceremony, controlling the rhythm.

"The first bow to Heaven and Earth[1]!" Chu Qin chanted the rites in a loud voice.

Mu Chen dragged Qiao Su along, not kneeling to Heaven and Earth, but instead bowing in a manner that was out-of-place, making it resemble a modern wedding. Yet, Zhu Chang seriously went up to offer an arm, not forgetting to add lines to his script, "Emperor, quickly rise."

The audience guffawed, letting out sounds of "Hush—”, making fun of Zhu Chang for grabbing the limelight.

Chu Qin swiftly ran to his proper position, pretending to be the parent. Lin Xiaoxiao also hurriedly sat down beside him, pretending to be the empress dowager. "Second bow to the parents!"

Mu Chen and Qiao Su turned around. Seeing those two seated at the masters' position, they couldn't help raising an eyebrow. Qiao Su pursed his lips up in laughter and honestly prepared to finish acting out the scene. On the other hand, Mu Chen refused to continue, dragging Qiao Su and preventing him from bowing, "Teacher Chu, who are you acting as?"

Chu Qin said sternly, "Acting as your father!"

Mu Chen nodded slightly and turned around to speak to Qiao Su, "The former emperor had already pa.s.sed on when we got married right?"

The phrase 'when we got married' shocked the entire venue. During the later stage, this phrase was broadcasted twice repeatedly to good effect. Chu Qin hurriedly ran down from the master's position and pointed a finger at Mu Chen, "You unfilial son, forgetting your father after marrying a wife!"

Lin Xiaoxiao grew happy, "Come, quickly come and bow to me, I'm the empress dowager!"

After bowing to the parents, the couple had to bow to each other. The two of them abided by the ancient etiquette they learnt during filming - both hands held in front of them, with their heads lowered as they bowed. In the background, music started playing. It was an extremely pleasant-sounding piece that also played during a part of the drama. On top of that, it was also the background music used when the empress in the drama fainted.

For a split second, Qiao Su became somewhat absent-minded, feeling like he had been transported back to their filming days. Mu Chen's acting ability was too good; every time he glanced over, it was almost like he really became that stubborn yet deeply emotional emperor from a thousand years ago. Whenever he looked at him, the depth of his eyes always contained a smile, as if he could never get enough of looking at him.