Chapter 10: Liking

It could be an emergency backup or a prior backup in another area of his memory… the words of the Zhong family’s eldest son continued to linger in his mind.

Looking at Zhong Yibin’s board-like head with inch-length hair in front of him, a feeling of softness unconsciously rose in his heart.

Chu Qin reached out a hand and ruffled his fluffy board-inch head, “Go on, take a shower.”

Zhong Yibin’s eyes brightened and he pulled Chu Qin up, “I’ll wash you.”

The bathroom was very spacious because Chu Qin liked to take baths. There was a large bathtub with a length of 1.8 meters in the bathroom. Since he had been hospitalized, it had already been a week since he had last showered. He had only been able to use the towel to wipe himself down last night because his rib had been paining him, hence Chu Qin was especially looking forward to having a nice soak in the bathtub.

“No,” Zhong Yibin disagreed.
Water would flow over the chest if he lay down in the tub, possibly causing chest pain.

Therefore, he would only allow Chu Qin to take a shower.

Zhong Yibin smoothly took off Chu Qin’s shirt and pants, then reached for the pair of white boxers.

“Hey!” Chu Qin swatted away the wolf’s paw. “I’ll take this off myself,” He went into the bathroom and closed the door, heaving a sigh of relief.

When Zhong Yibin helped him to take off his clothes just now, his warm breath could be felt on his neck, causing his heart rate to increase. Turning the tap, fine water spurted out from the shower head, still slightly cold.

He cupped his hands and threw the water over his face, cooling down his heated face.

It was really becoming more and more strange. Chu Qin stood under the shower and closed his eyes. They had been together for so long but facing the current Zhong Yibin brought him back to the time when a small peck would make him blush and his heart quicken. It must be because Zhong Yibin’s eyes were too pure now…

He squeezed the shampoo onto his hand and rubbed his hair with the foam. As Chu Qin was wiping his face to remove the bubbles, he glimpsed from the corner of his eyes that the door to the bathroom did not appear to be fully closed. Turning to close the door, he realized that a pair of sparkling eyes were staring straight at him through the slit in the door.

“Zhong Yibin!” Chu Qin’s furious roar could be heard throughout the entire house.

“I… I was scared that you would slip…” Zhong Yibin, whose nose had almost been smashed by the door, clung onto the bathroom door and said in a wronged tone.
Chu Qin ignored him and quickly finished his shower. He wrapped himself in a bathrobe, took off the non-slip slippers and stepped onto the carpet barefoot. His white rounded toes with a hint of pink scrunched up on the grey wool carpet.

Zhong Yibin stared at his feet for a while. He raised his arms and wrapped the person up in a princess carry.

“What are you doing!” Chu Qin was shocked. The towel wrapped around his neck that he had been using to dry his hair dropped.
“The floor is cold,” Zhong Yibin said as he laid the person onto the bed. He picked up the towel on the floor and grasped a beautiful foot to dry the sole. Chu Qin was born fair, the skin at the area of the foot that rarely met sunlight was so pale that it almost seemed transparent. Cyan blood vessels could even be seen through the thin skin.

Chu Qin stared blankly at his actions and said after a long while, “That’s the towel I use to dry my hair!”

“…” Zhong Yibin, who had wanted to take the chance to eat some tofu
[1] in the midst of his attentiveness, was sent to the bathroom to take his shower and wash the towel because he picked up the wrong towel.