Chapter 29: Taking action

“Why are you watching this early in the morning?” Chu Qin wiped his mouth.

“I… I wanted to look through the project information…” Zhong Yibin stammered, hurriedly closing the video. At this moment, the doorbell rang.

Chu Qin rubbed his eyes and went to open the door. Through the peephole, he saw the breakfast-totting Secretary Jin dressed in a suit.

“Secretary Jin, you’re here so early,” Chu Qin opened the door, unable to resist yawning once again.

“Good morning, Madam,”
Secretary Jin greeted Chu Qin in an upright manner. After switching his shoes for slippers, he placed the breakfast in his hands on the dining table.
Glancing at the busy Director and the mass of dense material on his computer screen, he inwardly sighed with sorrow that being a Director was truly exhausting.

Chu Qin was still in a half-conscious state and had yet to react to that ‘Madam’. When he regained his senses, Secretary Jin was already seated beside Zhong Yibin with a face of diligence as he listened to him speak about the project’s problematic areas.

Zhong Yibin had to go the Group at 10 o’clock today for a meeting and wouldn’t be able to make it to the company, hence he directly asked Secretary Jin to come here so they could go to the Group together.

The corner of Chu Qin’s mouth twitched. He went to wash up and tidy up the appropriate before sitting at the dining table to eat his breakfast silently.
Secretary Jin brought pan-fried dumplings but they were a little cold because the distance he had to travel was far. Chu Qin warmed the dumplings up in the electrical baking pan before taking them out to eat. As he bit into a dumpling dipped into balsamic vinegar, the juices spurted out. It was extremely tasty. No porridge was necessary, it was just right with a cup of lemonade and honey.

“I want some too,” Zhong Yibin smelled the fragrance and opened his mouth for Chu Qin to feed him.

“Come over and eat it yourself, you can do your work after eating,” Chu Qin ignored him and bit into another dumpling.
Zhong Yibin had no choice but to go over obediently to eat, leaving Secretary Jin to struggle with tidying up the materials. Time was tight and he needed to get the things arranged neatly into a catalog. Secretary Jin put the slides, including the pictures and videos, into a separate folder before copying them to a USB drive. Following that, he went one step further by copying the data for the catalog and finding a shop to print it out.

After they finished their meal, Chu Qin went to the closet and searched through it for a long time before letting out a sigh.
The clothes Zhong Yibin had here were simply too limited.
There weren’t even any suits that he could choose from to attend a formal occasion.

“It’s fine, they’re all people from the Group. They would still recognize me even if I wore a bed-sheet,” Zhong Yibin smiled indifferently. After putting on the top, he didn’t even put on a tie before taking the blazer and leaving.

Chu Qin also had to record so he dragged his sore waist to the TV station. While Du Wei was applying makeup for him, he couldn’t help dozing off.

“Where did you go last night?”
Du Wei asked smilingly after finishing the makeup application.

“Nowhere,” Chu Qin yawned.

“Zeze [1] …” Du Wei clicked her tongue and laughed at him.
“Wei Wei-jie, I’m being rushed,”
Chen Jiming, who was seated a corner, couldn’t resist hurrying her. He only recently learned that Du Wei actually had a higher status than him and was even an exclusive makeup artist for the hosts. His delight didn’t last longer than a few days before he realized that he was always placed at the end of the queue whenever he had to apply makeup with other hosts. This difference in treatment was particularly prominent whenever Chu Qin was present.
Du Wei would even intentionally chat with Chu Qin for a while longer.