Chapter 1

"It is better to be looked over than overlooked."
This sentence has been my mentor since the time I gained my senses, with respect to the frolic world.

Most of us spend our life trying to be socially acceptable; Every culture has some standards— one needs to fulfill in order to be called virtuous and lead a peaceful life.

It's too bad for me that I observe and feel things a lot—I see how everyone wants to talk to me, because I am beautiful. I see how I am the perfect child of my family because I keep up my best grades. And I see how people among me; who are much better then me are neglected because either they are unfit or backward. I just can't get why everything in this world is so materialistic.

Saying, that I ever made an effort to find out the reason behind this, would be an over statement. I actually not ever even tried to make friends; people love my company. Don't take me wrong, it's not that I am boasting, but as I said before it's all about how you fulfill the standards, and I meet every demand of my society. I have never tried to indulge myself into the activities most of the teens of my age go through.

Two things I learned from my life are; one—a women needs to be financially stable in our world. That's the only reason I work really hard and have achieved the perfect grades throughout, thus, managed to get into  Oxford International College with full scholarship.

Two—we all need to be a bit realistic and save ourselves from any thing related to love because at the end it's the girls who end up getting hurt. Well, it's not like anyone ever attracted me in that way. And I am adamant on the point that no one will attract me any time soon. I really thank God that I am not like those common girls whose life revolves around boys. I am just not them. Boys, relationships, flirting, parties etc aren't my things.

" Honey, hurry up and get ready! You don't wanna be late for school."

My mother's voice takes me out of my thoughts. Abruptly, my eyes travel to the door of my room. Sighing, I get up from my bed, pushing myself to the washroom to do my daily routine.

................................................................................................................................................................................

"Yellow or blue"? I ask myself while holding two shirts and looking in the mirror to judge which one looks better on me. Getting ready for the first day of your final year, really is an effort worth an award.

After a while of contemplating I finally decide to go with the yellow offs shoulder shirt and paired it up with black ripped jeans. I let my chocolate brown hair open, in the way they are, without brushing them.

To say I am lazy would be an understatement.

After applying some BB cream, light pink blush, mascara, a thin eyeliner; coming out of the edge of my eyes, and a tea pink lip gloss, I finally take a look in mirror. My bright complexion and green eyes become more significant with the bright outfit I am wearing.
Finally, after wearing a pendant and some bracelets, I take my bag and head downstairs to the kitchen.

" Good morning everyone"! I say while grabbing some cornflakes and pouring milk in it.

" Good morning Hailey parker." My Mom says.

I instantly, glance at her, because I know whenever she says my full name it means she is upset with me. And my thought comes to be right.

I am being subjected to her glare.

"Umm mom, is everything alright? I ask her in nervousness.

What have I done now.

"Do you realise what time it is"? She asks in a stern voice.