p a r t 3 (updated)

Second Year
"Maybe I don't have a lot of friends for a reason."

Y/N wishes that she feels relieved as she stands beside the door of Snape's classroom but she can't shake the feeling of anxiousness that's overwhelmed her body

"A-Are you okay?" a familiar voice questions.

She looks up at Fred and George who are standing sheepishly with fireworks in their hands. They aren't entirely sure what to do with the panting, blue eyed girl.

They notice the unmissable look of panic across her face and George instantly tries to reassure her, "It's okay, you're okay."

Y/N subconsciously backs into a corner. Not because she's scared of the boys, in fact she's glad they're with her but to be sure nothing is behind her, ready to attack.

"What happened to her?" Fred asking looking to his brother as if he has answer.

"I-I felt something," Y/N whispers barely audible.

"You felt... something?" George asks, crouching beside the shaking girl.

"There was something near me, I was being followed," Y/N panics, "I'm not lying, I promise."

"Perhaps it was ghost?" Fred asks and mentally slaps himself when she looks up at him in a state of pure hysteria.

"You know the feeling when someone's watching you?" Y/N asks and both boys nod slowly, "It was like that only ten times worse and fuelled by dread."

She visibly shudders at the thought causing George to immediately pulled his jumper off and offer it to her. She smiles at his actions and accepts the jumper with a large 'G' situated on the front.

"It's gone now," George coos even though he doesn't actually know if that's true, "Let's go back to the dorms."

"No, i-i'm not going back through the corridors," Y/N replies with a quivering voice, her eyes meet George's and his face softens at the girl's expression.

"Then we'll have to take the passageways," Fred comments pulling out a piece of parchment, "I solemnly swear I am up to no good."

Ink begins to spread across the paper and Y/N notices writing on the front but isn't in a state to inquire about it. George helps her up from the cold floor and holds onto her arm to give her some reassurance. The two boys lead her across the hall into a secret passage that Y/N never knew about and through a system of tunnels. A mixture of relief and fatigue overwhelms Y/N as she finds herself back in the common room. She fails to notice the worried stares from Fred and George as she fiddles with her ring.

"Will you be okay?" Fred asks, finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah..." she replies, "This may sound weird-" The two boys look at her intently, listening to each word carefully, "-but I know what I felt, there was something, no... there is something. Please be careful when you're our at night..."