p a r t 12 (updated)

Summer between second and third year
"We never were."

Y/N has been in the Leaky Cauldron for nine days

Y/N has been in the Leaky Cauldron for nine days. Despite Penny and her family's protests, Y/N became a waitress in order to pay for the room she's staying in. Although it's not like Y/N actually uses her room, the bed hasn't been slept in at all, she's too scared to sleep. The exhausted girl stares into the mirror, her eye has failed to heal and is likely going to have a scar. Y/N groans, placing her glasses back onto her face before leaving to start her shift.

Approaching the bar and running her hand through her hair, Y/N listens to Mr. Lewis as he explains their is a large family staying with them who arrived late in the night.

"Could you go and make some more coffee?" He asks and Y/N agrees and swiftly goes into the kitchen, not noticing the two sets of feet racing downstairs.

Mrs. Lewis walks over, muttering about how many cups she'll need before taking the coffee out in a pot. Y/N grabs her apron, tying it around her body before grabbing her notepad and pen. She walks out in a daze, her eye throbbing slightly as she goes to get food orders.

"Welcome to the Leaky Cauldron, what can I get you?" Y/N smiles tiredly.

"Y/N?" the familiar voice asks causing her to look up from the small note pad in her hand.

"G-George?" She panicks slightly.

"Oh is this the girl that helped save Ginny," Mrs. Weasley smiles, "George has told me a lot about you!"

Y/N shakes her hand and flashes her biggest smile whilst trying to ignore George's furrowed eyebrows, "It's really nice to meet you, Mrs. Weasley."

"Since when have you worked here?" Fred asks.

"Since last week... I fell out with my parents and ended up here." Y/N replies partially truthful, "Now, what can I get you?"

"Panca-" Ron begins but is cut off by George shushing him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" George snaps.

"I didn't feel like I needed too," Y/N replies.

"Pancakes!" Ron says giving Y/N a desperate look.

"Maple syrup?" she asks and he nods.

"Toast with jam for me and my husband, dear," Mrs. Weasley smiles awkwardly, watching the tension between her son and Y/N grow.

"Scones for Ginny and I," Fred says hesitantly as Y/N jots down their orders.

"And you?" she asks George.

George pauses, looking at her curiously, "Take off your glasses."

"What?" Y/N says.

"You heard me," he replies.