Chapter XLVII: Shiny Gems?

Robert, Michael, Steven, and Lars fell a great deal of height. "Somebody do something! I don't wanna die!" Lars screamed. Michael cycled through his buster shots until he realized his buster's batteries died. Steven leaned and caught Lars and Robert. Michael grew a giant leaf from his back to use as a parachute. Steven floated down by reducing his gravity.

They now found themselves on Homeworld's true surface. It looked like the Kindergarten Amethyst was born in, but somehow even more desolate and lifeless.

"I'm hungry, anyone have spare snacks?" Lars asked.

Michael had an apple seed in his hands, he looked for a place to plant it, but the soil's nutrients have been sucked dry long ago. "Be patient, I'll get you some apples!" Michael said, in slight panic.

Robert looked up "Guess we fell quite a bit, huh?" he said. "Great observation, Captain Obvious!" Lars snapped. Michael remembered the siol Robert had in his bag that Michael put there. "Robert, gimme the bag of soil" Michael demanded.

Robert was confused, Michael just snatched the bag off his back and took out the Ziploc bag of dirt Michael snuck in there. Michael shoved the apple seed in the bag and spat in it. He then set the bag down and made the tree grow four Red Delicious apples the size of baseballs. Lars looked a little disgusted.

"Relax, it's not like I crapped in the bag," Michael said as he and Robert took an apple. Steven took the other two and handed one to Lars; as he did, the tree wilted. Lars hesitantly took a bite and his eyes twinkled. Not just because it was the first food he had in a while, but because it was the best apple he ever had.

"Thank you" Lars said as he chewed the apple. Michael put the cores back in the bag and put it in his pocket. Robert looked around for anyone who could help them, but only found what appeared to be a floating blue spike with a red glowing eye. It seemed to be searching for someone, sanning the various rock faces, hoping to find the target .

"Guys, trouble!" Robert said as he pointed at the spike. Everyone turned their heads and ran off.

The spike seemed to follow them until they seemed cornered, A rock by their feet opened and a red hand emerged. "Quick! Get in! Get in, quick," it said as the spike started scanning. Steven took Lars' hand, and the Light brothers jumped in after. As Michael jumped in, he saw the silhouette of a man around his size. Michael had no time to see if it was friend or foe.

The area they laid in was pitch black, so Robert lit up the area with a hand torch. When he did, it was revealed the creature who helped them had two heads on one red-skinned body with an oddly-shaped gem on it's naval. "Are you okay?" its left head asked, "Are you hurt?" Its right head asked. Lars was freaked out by this. "Hi, I'm Steven. These are my friends: Lars, Robert, and Michael." He explained. Lars knew he could trust her, since the others seemed to do so.

"Come, this way," The right head said. "This way, come," said the left head. The group followed her to a large cave that had dozens of fallen pillars used to create soldiers.

"What is this place?" Lars asked.

"A Kindergarten...A really big one." Steven said.

"They kept screwing themselves so much they now have to screw with others...Makes me sick!" Michael spat. They followed the two-headed gem into an entrance where there were more holes. "We're back!" one of the heads called out. "It's okay to come out"

"Oh, thank goodness, you weren't..." a gem started. She bore a striking resemblance to Garnet, but they all knew it wasn't her. "YOU WERE FOLLOWED!" The gem shrieked.

"Galarian Garnet?" Robert asked.

"It's okay Rhodonite, I brought them here." the two-headed gem explained.