Chapter L: Kevin's Party

(Thanks to Craftfury)

At the temple, Steven sat on his bed, looking at a picture of Steven and Connie together. Arya Light sat next to him, attempting to comfort him.

"I can't believe she would snap at me like that...I thought we were Jam buds." Steven said, shedding a tear.

Arya couldn't stand to see him like this, with her arms wrapped around him she told him. "Steven, if she really was your friend, she would want to hang out with you more as two people rather than just one, and she would actually talk to you."

"What do you mean?" Steven asked.

"Well, I saw some of your memories...And I notice Connie has an unhealthy obsession with fusion," Arya explained. "I get it, it must feel nice, but I think uh..." Arya couldn't get the words out.

"Wait...How did you look through my memories?" Steven asked.

"I'm a psychic," She said telepathically. "I can do many things, such as..."

After saying that, Steven's closet door opened on its own and Mc Bear-Bear flew towards his lap.

"I have telekinesis," She said with a wink.

Steven looked at his stuffed bear and then at Arya in astonishment.

"Think you can burn this letter?" Steven asked, handing her an envelope from Kevin. Arya was confused, and she opened the letter to see what it was.

It was a handwritten invitation to his party, and it read:

Hey, kid

I'm having a party and I need Stevonnie to attend to make me look cool. See if you and your friend can make it.

From, Kevin

Arya's eyes narrowed at this. "Steven, if you don't want to go, you don't have to. It's your choice." she said.

Steven mulled it over for a solid minute

"I'll go," he said.

"What? Why? That guy has been nothing but a jerk to you." Arya asked.

"You said it was my choice," he responded.

Arya blushed and averted her gaze, realizing her mistake. She thought for a moment before declaring she was going as well.

"You...weren't invited," Steven said.

"So? I know for a fact my two idiot brothers are going, and you are, so why not? It might actually be fun..." she said, getting a little closer. "Besides, the party's not for a few days, we'll have plenty of time."

Steven nodded and was about to head with the Gems somewhere, but they were nowhere to be seen. Steven was a little worried.

"They'll be back shortly," Arya said reassuringly. Steven left a note as to where he was going. He and Arya went into town, and there was a crowd next to Fish Stew Pizza shouting something, holding signs.

Steven and Arya went to investigate.

As it turns out, it was Nanefua Pizza announcing that she was going to run against Mayor Dewey for presidency.

"When aliens kidnapped da whole town, what did Mayor William Bill Dewey do?" she asked through a megaphone. The people looked at each other.

"That's right! Jack and squat!" she shouted. The crowd approved.

"Well, she's not wrong," Arya said to Steven. Steven looked a little worried. "But if she wins, Mayor Dewey's gonna be out of office!" Steven said concernedly. "And who knows what laws she's gonna pass!"