Chapter XLV: Guilty Innocence

"Wow, The Light brothers, Rose Quartz, and a human for Blue Diamond to keep as a pet! She's gonna make me a commander for sure!" Aquamarine said gleefully as she was taking off to Homeworld. Robert and Michael looked at each other before noticing Lars from the Big Donut was captured as well.

"Didn't you agree to drop him off where he was from in exchange for us to come quietly?" Robert asked. Aquamarine turned around and sneered. "Oh, yeah...About that... I lied!" She screeched. Michael put a hand on Robert. "We'll shatter her after the trial, sound good?" he whispered. Robert calmed down, Michael took out an apple seedling from his pocket and made it into three necklaces for them to wear. Robert snuck one around Lars' neck. "What's this for?" He whispered.

"Homeworld doesn't have air, so we're making it. Trust me on this!" Robert whispered back.

"Topaz, take the prisoners to their cells. Keep them close so we don't have to go looking for them." Aquamarine ordered. Topaz did as she was told and carried the four of them to four cells. Two on each side of the hall.

"Got any more bright ideas, Lightbulb?" Lars asked.

"Heh heh, punny!" Michael said. "And as a matter of fact, I do!" He used his arm cannon and detached what looked like a gold hockey puck. It sprouted spider-like legs and grew a red eye on the side. Michael pulled up a small screen where the puck was missing. As he fiddled with the controls, the small drone moved around and crawled up to the ceiling and made its way to the control room.

"Michael, what are you doing?" Steven asked.

"Shut up, If I get this right, Aquamarine will get in as much trouble as us, maybe even more" Michael whispered as he recorded Aquamarine in the cockpit, making sure to highlight her communications and not his own voice.

Robert planned his case, running through every possible contingency he could imagine.

"By the way, Steven. What're you in for?" Robert asked when he got done with his thirty-fourth solution.

"My mom supposedly killing Pink Diamond." Steven grumbled. Robert raised an eyebrow.

"The libtards on Homeworld think they're two separate people, like Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader." Michael explained nonchalantly without turning his head. Robert then nodded his head.

"And Lars? What're you in for? Don't you have a clean record?" Robert asked.

"Cause I have probably the worst luck out of everyone in Beach City!" He growled. Steven was about to speak, but Lars interrupted him. "I was banned from the arcade through no fault of my own, have a terrible job, was stranded on an island for at least a week, offered as a sacrifice, and even POSSESSED!" Lars shouted. "Now I'm being dragged into a situation that I have nothing to do with! Steven, I know what you're going to say, and to that, I'll point out at least your parent figures care that you have a problem instead of just telling you to 'man up'! At least your parent figures care about you instead of some girl who works with you! At least you get to go anywhere or do things with your family!"

"Quiet in there!" Topaz yelled.

"Touch him and I'll cut you." Michael said, unnervingly calm. Topaz knew of his combat experience, so she just stiffened up to make herself seem tough and unafraid.

When they got there, Michael's camera crawled back to him and latched back into the spot it emerged from, and the four were led to an empty room where they could prepare their case. A blue gem dressed like a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Phoenix Wright stood at the door. It looked rather masculine, but not bulging with muscle like Jasper.

"Let the court know when you're ready" It said before walking away and the room sealing itself shut.

They went over their plan before Robert, Michael, and Steven all said in unison "We're Ready!"

To be continued...