Chapter LVIII: Fate of Roden

Our three heroes found themselves in what seemed to be an abandoned research facility. Steven, Robert, and Arya looked for a way to shut the whole thing down.

"So how are we gonna save the Avems?" Robert asked. Arya turned solemn. "I...I don't think we can..." she said.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Steven asked.

"You'll see," Arya replied. As they walked in, the facility was entirely deserted. No gems in sight, only Avem corpses.

"I-...I always thought the Diamonds made it impossible to live...I never thought they'd...brutally murder someone." Steven said.

Robert knew not even Blue Diamond's troops wouldn't do such a thing. "No...That's-"

The door shut behind them.

"Miss me, Light?" an old woman's voice cracked.

"L-L-Lardna?" RObert gasped, he was shaking in his shoes. He blinked, and she was gone, most likely because of lack of sleep.

"What is wrong with me" he muttered before turning around and realizing Steven and Arya continued without him. Robert ran after them.

They followed the trail of corpses which led them to what appeared to be a control room with a warp pad, where an old phonograph machine rested. A record set aside, sustaining mild damage, but still readable. Steven put the record on the player, but couldn't figure out how to turn it on, Arya dropped the pin on the record, and it immediately sprang to life, with the final melody intact.

"Love is the melody

We all can sing"

Robert felt his body become more agile,

Steven gained the ability to use his bubbles as gauntlets as well as make the bubbles explode.

Lastly, Arya gained the ability to teleport to anywhere she has previously been to.

"So you've finally done it! You've gathered all eight magical melodies!" Lardna congratulated sarcastically.

"Wh-Who are you? Are you the evil old lady who abused Robert and Michael?" Steven asked.

"I see you've made a new friend, and your long-lost sister, but none of that matters now, as you've walked right into your demise!" She explained.

"What trap? All we see is a way out! Away from you, you evil witch!" Arya scoffed.

Lardna laughed. She began to explain, "I believe you are mistaken, young child of Light. You see, I am merely trying to bring the Light and Dark realms together. You, on the other hand, aren't gathering melodies for any noble cause. I know exactly what you seek! The autistic child wishes to impress the one he believes will have mutual feelings for him; He's sorely mistaken in that sense. The girl seeks revenge on the Diamond Authority for her captivity. And as for the star-chested child...You have the most appalling motivation of all...You wish to accompany young Robert, hoping to-"

She was cut off when Steven threw his shield in hopes of getting her to shut up. "You're just proving my point. You may see yourself as heroes, but I have watched your actions from afar, and you three are FAR from heroes. Shattering and poofing gems, hypnotizing people, and that's just the tip of the iceberg!" Lardna explained. "You have been some very naughty children, and so it's time you got a time out...in the DARK REALM!!"

Lardna flipped her cape and the world around them plunged into darkness.

"A Light always shines throooooouggh!" Robert yelled, as he too was sent through the void.

Roden, and its inhabitants, were consumed by the Darkness...

TO BE CONTINUED...