Chapter LV: Vs. Emerald

Robert, Michael and Stevarya jumped in the spacecrafts and took off. Within seconds, they saw Emerald's starship coming directly after the Sun Incinerator.

"Alright guys, hear me out: Robert and Stevenarya go after those cannons, I'll go in and deal with wannabe Wolf" Michael explained.

"You know, that's not a bad plan." Stevarya complimented.

"Let's just do it and get this over with. Flying is for droids," Robert replied. "I'll cover you...Are you all right with Stevarya?"

"Whatever you want, don't get used to it," Stevarya replied.

Michael stayed with the formation until the cannons began firing. That's when Robert and Stevarya split off and began shooting the cannons, taking the side cannons out one at a time. Michael flew up over the bridge and clung right above it.

"He's insane," Stevarya said.

"That's what I love about him," Robert replied.

There was one cannon left on the ship, which nailed Stevarya right on the wing, making her careen towards a nearby moon. Robert saw and followed them down, hoping to save them.

Meanwhile, Michael was busy cutting a hole in the top of the shuttle, and Emerald was panicking, trying everything in vain to get him off, but to no avail.

Michael fell through the ceiling when it was completed, sealing the bottom of his ship to the top of Emerald's.

"Y-Y-You're Yellow Diamond's soldier, aren't you?" She stammered.

"No, I'm your worst nightmare!" he growled, aiming his buster at Emerald's eye

"Wait! Diamond soldiers aren't supposed to attack gems!" Emerald cried.

"That's the thing: I'm no Diamond Soldier!" Michael growled, as he charged his buster, to which Emerald threw a circular saw at his arm. The saw cut Michael's left arm clean off before he could make a shot, and he began bleeding out, screaming in pain.

"Y-You don't...poof?" Emerald stammered.

When Michael stopped the bleeding with his shirt, "No, but we won't go down so easily!" He grunted before setting the buster to self-destruct in thirty seconds.

"You're crazy! You'll shatter us both!" Emerald shouted, charging at him.

Michael smirked, extending his arm with applewood to the hole to his ship. "No, I never lose!" he grunted, hoisting himself up into the cockpit and closing the underside door and heading back to the Sun Incinerator, leaving Emerald's ship to explode.

When Michael limped to the bridge, he startled and suprised the Off-Colors and Lars.

"Michael! You're back! What happened? Where are the others?" Lars asked in worry.

"And what is that red stuff coming out of your body?" the left Rutile asked. "It's disgusting," the right Rutile added.

"It's blood, it's what's on the inside of humans," Michael replied. "And one of 'em got shot down, so the other's after 'em. Any idea where they're going?"

Padparapsha stood in awe for about ten seconds before pressing a few buttons to bring up the location.

"It says they're barreling towards...Roden, a jungle moon in the Lylat system." Padparapsha answered. "It's a place Blue Diamond touched once before Pink Diamond was shattered, so there should be a few ways of getting help."

"Let's hope they make it out alive...and that there are no man-eating teddy bears." Michael replied.

"Those are the cute creatures humans sometimes sleep with, right?" Rhodonite asked. Michael nodded and tried freezing the socket shut as he looked out the window to see the far reaches of space.

"Come on, big sis. Don't throw in the towel." he whispered.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Question of the chapter: Which hand is your dominant hand? What would you do if you lost your non-dominant arm?