Chapter XLIX: Back to Earth

(Special thanks form Craftfury)

Luckily for our heroes, Lion slept in the living room when they got back. The warp pad went off, revealing Amethyst, Peridot, Pearl, Garnet, Lapis, Connie, Bismuth, and Arya. Arya made a beeline for Steven and tackled him in a hug while giving him a full-on kiss on the lips, which Steven returned. He was tackled in a hug by the rest of the gems, which Robert joined. Connie just walked past the whole thing with a disappointed, solemn look. They finally let go and Steven and Michael followed Connie outside, with Lion following suit.

"Hey, Connie, what's wrong?" Michael asked.

"You...just gave up? You didn't bother to fight?" Connie asked. "I thought you were a man!"

"I am! I just-"

"If you were, Aquamarine's gem would have been a necklace." Connie replied before turning to Steven "And don't think you're any better, We could have fused and beat her together! Instead, you just back down like two scared babies."

Steven seemed to take this a lot lighter than Michael did. "Connie, Why would you say that?" he asked. Lion and Arya came out and she held Steven's arm while Lion just watched.

"Oh, and little miss psychic could have-"

Arya slapped Connie right across the face. "I knew what you were going to say, and that's not how being a psychic works! I can't just make her crumble before my eyes. I can't throw anything at her she won't throw right back! And I can't hypnotize her if she doesn't even have a brain! And about your Stevonnie comment, if Alexandrite can't beat her, what in God's name makes you think a fusion which hasn't even been in this story can?!" Arya yelled.

Stunned silence from Connie. "Let's go, Lion" she muttered. Lion approached her and snagged the sword in her backpack. "Hey!" she cried out before Lion threw it up in the air and caught it in his mane. He then walked back to the temple nonchalantly. Connie glared at Arya. "I know what you did! You hypnotized Lion with your stupid hypno-thing!" She accused.

Arya gave a sly smirk "Connie, if I really 'hypnotized' Lion after what you just said, I'd have him do a lot worse than take a sword that wasn't even yours to begin with!" Arya said coyly before she and Steven went back inside the temple. Michael approached her. "Want me to take you home?" Michael asked sheepishly. Connie tried to glare, but for some reason, she couldn't.

"Sure, as long as you try to be a real man for me." She said as Michael wrapped his arms around her, and sprouted leaf-like wings to fly to Connie's house.

Meanwhile, Robert couldn't help but wonder what the gems thought of him after this stunt. After all, not only did he not help at all during the trial, but he believed he was the main reason they had the trial to begin with. On top of this, his friend died because of him. He sat in his room and contemplated what he should do.

Later, Michael came into the room after dropping Connie off. "Hey, Robert. I came to give you the sixth melody, so here," he said, giving him a piece of paper with really bad handwriting. It read:

Love is the beauty

And the joy of spring.

Robert heard the tune in his mind. Now, there was one more melody left. He knew or at least THOUGHT he knew, where the next melody was. He was about to ask Lapis for help in being able to breathe in Atlantis, where the final melody is.

He went to the barn for help. "Hey, Lapis. Could you help me out? I need to get to Atlantis to get the eighth and final melody." Robert said. Lapis looked uneasy and motioned for him to sit closer, as she felt uncomfortable saying it too loud.