chapter ten

Next morning, we were leaving to Miami, so we got up early and packed up what we still needed to. 

The airport was my least favorite place, but the plane boarded quickly, and we were on the plane to Miami. I wanted to get home to see my mom.

 We landed and went through baggage claim. I was beyond tired and was instantly regretting staying up to talk to Sebastian. The drive in the Uber was only a few minutes so I didn't think to fall asleep. My mom opened the front door as we arrived at the house and ran to the car. She hugged both Cami and I as we stepped out of the car. 

It was already Noche Buena and she smelled like she had been cooking all day. We brought our bags inside and I laid on the couch while Cami and my mom cooked.

I woke up about two hours later. Dinner was already set on the table and I could hear my mom and Camila upstairs. I checked my phone and saw I had a text from Lili. It was a picture of her and Cole with my hoodies on. 

"Miss you already munchkin." 

I missed them too, but it would not be much longer until I saw them. I had gotten so used to seeing them every day. 

I slowly walked upstairs and saw my sister and mom looking at photo albums. I didn't want them to notice me, so I stood quietly and listened to their conversation. They were talking about me coming back home. 

Cami noticed me and the tears in my eyes. I ran to my hideout in the backyard and slammed the door. I did not want to move from Cami. I loved living in Vancouver. I loved Cole, Lili, Mads, Nessa, Casey, Charles, and even KJ. I loved Camila. I loved my sister. I was going to keep her in my life whether she liked it or not. 

The next thing I did wasn't very surprising. I pulled out my phone and called the first person I could think of. Lili. I called her and she answered in a panic not knowing why I would be calling.

Me: "Lils..." I said while sniffling.

Lili: "Sophie. Is everything ok? Why are you crying? Where's Camila?"

Me: "They want me to move back here..."

Lili: "Aw, Soph. Don't worry. They probably have good reasons."

Me: "Their 'good reasons' are going to make me even more depressed. I haven't seen you in a day and I already miss you. I don't want to leave any of you."

Lili: "I know, I know. Go talk to them and update me. I love you. Call me back."

Me: "Love you too. I'll call you soon."

After that I hung up and saw Cami walking up to my old playhouse. 

"Soph, it's just me. Open up." 

I opened the door and we both sat on the dirty floor. 

"Listen to me. I would never want to get rid of you. I'm really begging Mama to let you stay. She wants you here. With her. I am so sorry." 

I nodded slowly and we both walked out of the dirty, old, tiny playhouse. My mom was sitting on the couch when she looked up, I began to talk

 "Look Mami, it's not like I don't want to live with you. You're my mom and-" 

She then cut me off.

 "I understand. These people are now your family and seeing you be in so much pain when you were threatened to be taken away from them, made me realize that you are where you belong. You should remain living with Camila."

 I jumped up and down and hugged her and my sister. While I was running up the stairs to grab my phone so I could facetime Lili, I heard Cami shout

 "Hey! Where are you going Soph?" 

I shouted back... "To call Lili!"