chapter sixteen

The next day, I ran to go find Charles because I remembered he needed to talk to me. 

He was in the green room with KJ, Casey, and Drew. He acknowledged I was there and snuck out of the room. 

We sat on the steps of his trailer and he said 

"Kiddo. Question. Do I have permission to propose to your sister?" 

My eyes lit up and I was about to scream, he covered my mouth and said no one can know. 

I whispered yes a million times and he told me his plan... 

It was the day before hiatus and we were all on set filming that day because there was one scene we all had to be in. I would casually watch Roberto direct so when I went to tell him Charles' plan it did not look suspicious. 

The final scene of the day was our special scene and it took place in Cheryl and Toni's backyard. 

We had already filmed the scene but Roberto said "he needed another angle."

 Cami was supposed to be staring me down in the scene and as she was doing that Charles stood behind and and got on one knee.

 Everyone started screaming and I grabbed my phone and started recording. She turned around and started crying. 

"Camila Mendes, will you marry me?" 

I kept my distance and after they kissed everyone started pushing me towards her. I was crying so much and she put her arms out. I ran to her and gave her a huge hug. 

Everyone started to hug her and look at the ring and eventually Cole, Lils, Cami, Charles and I drove home because Charles was already starting to move in. 

Charles would be the best edition to our family. When we got home, we all showered and Char was cooking. Cami joined him in the kitchen as she danced around to the music blasting from the speaker.

Let me just say it was two am and we had neighbors. I mean, Cole and Lili. But there were others too.

I soon joined them and sat on the kitchen counter to eat a snack because I was not hungry enough for a whole meal. 

After an hour I was too tired to continue dancing around so I went to bed after talking to Sebastian for a little while.

 That was one of the most memorable set days ever.