It was the feeling that came along with it

DNA – Lia Marie Johnson

Angeles' dad was someone that should not be messed with. Even if it was DNA-messing. I gulped, glancing back and forth between the two. Who was going to whip out the gun first? I gingerly took hold of Angeles' hand, squeezing it. I watched his eyes, they glancing over at me before once more falling onto his father's.

"Angeles, it's... it's okay" I say in a soft voice, giving him a light smile.

"You see, she's fine with it" the man said, sounding irritated.

"Whatever you say to her, has to do with me too"

His dad sighed, "Fine then. Jenny, what would you like for lunch?"

My mouth almost fell open at the question. Nothing about my life, what I was planning with Angeles, nothing... Just – what do you want for lunch? What did I actually want for lunch? I could go for some McD's... wait, what if this was some test? What if I said McDonalds and I got shot in the head!? Pizza? I liked pizza, who doesn't like pizza? O goodness, why was I so stressed over food?

"Seriously Dad, what did you really want to ask her?"

"Don't concern yourself. I will learn a lot more through this. Now, where do you want to eat my girl?" he asked, making my eyes widen. So this was a test... o goodness gracious.

"Any place would be fine sir" I said, feeling my hands becoming sweaty.

The man shook his head, frowning.

"Or... or..." I glanced over at Angeles, him still glaring at his dad and being utterly useless, "Le Petit?" I tried, recalling the place that I always glanced at on my way to school.

"Adequate" Angeles' dad said, standing up from the chair. It squeaked on the floor, hurting my ears.

We head off to the restaurant, me trying to order something that wouldn't make the man sneer and try to talk as little as possible. Every time a question is thrown my way, Angeles goes rigged and he shoots a glare at his father. But to be honest with myself, I think it had gone quite well.

I think I even saw the man smile for a moment. Just a tiny moment, but it was there.

Waiting for Superman – Daughtry

Cole is freaking useless. I kept glaring at him as he tried to decipher the phone.

Do not put a bullet through your best friend's head. Do not put a bullet through your best friend's head....

"It says she's in China Angeles" Cole sighs, shaking his head.

"She's not in freaking China!" I growled, "A minute ago you said she was in Australia. Figure it out NOW"

Cole nodded, getting back to his typing. Jackson stood next to me, trying to at the same time, calm me down and not get punched again.

"Check the security cameras Cole"

"Already did, whoever has her, thought of everything"

"For fuck's sakes!" I said, "The gang has a hold of the damn security tapes. Why the hell are they down! Give me your phone" I said, turning my attention to Jackson.

He nodded, handing me over his device. I call the security company, getting ready to unleash my anger on them but there is no response.

"I swear I am going to kill every freaking person in this city until I find her"

"Don't think that'll be needed Angeles" Cole spoke up, "Found her" he showed me the computer screen, me only rolling my eyes.

"That's even stupider than the China-case" I said, "Come on" I ushered them to the car, so angry my vision was becoming cloudy.