But I don't know if I should

I was tired. Sick and tired of just shooting and hoping to see my girl. I made it to the lobby (according to the building plans) and looked around. People were everywhere. Too many people. Too little ammo.

Yet, these people just seemed harmless as they tried to escape the place. No need to shoot. I was lucky to recognize someone at least as Jackson came running out of the one door.

With Angel. O thank goodness with Angel.

Yet, the guards were coming back again.

"Put her in a room!" I screamed, wanting her save. Jackson nodded, throwing another door open and disappearing for a second before re-entered the war.

Cole finally made an appearance – limping – but still able to shoot. There weren't that many guards coming for us anymore, them falling to the ground with no leader to guide them.

Wait... I was the bloody leader!?

Growling, I placed my gun in the direction of the door that led to the lobby, shooting the guard that ran through it. They were dropping like flies and it seemed like a miracle that things had actually gone not too bad. Dad hadn't trained these people well it seemed. And he didn't get a lot on his side either. Just a handful that had seemed like a dozen but by now, most have fled.

I could save my Angel. I had saved my Angel.

"Is that it chief!?" Cole yelled, leaning against the wall.

"For now" I said, looking at Jackson who had run down from the balcony and kept glancing at the door for any more.

"Is she save?" I asked, him just nodding.

"We did it" Cole sighed, "How did we do it?"

"Beckett got the lowest of the low to join his distrust. And he chose the wrong time to attack" I said, finally placing my gun down.

"There'll be more if there isn't already" Jackson said, "Just not here"

"We'll deal with it" I said, just thinking of Angel.

I looked up at the room Jackson had placed her in. I wanted to get her but there was no need. The door opened and she appeared.

She looked like a wreck. Like someone that shouldn't be moving around. But she was alive. That's all that mattered.

My girl was alive. Breathing heavily, her hands falling onto the banister for support as her eyes fell on me. A light smile graced her lips as the door to her left opened by the wind.

Her shoulders relaxed and she was save. I would be able to take her home.

Thoughts raced through my brain, all involving me and her happy and her being in my arms. And she being safe and happy. Not with a gun wound.

Not. With. A. Gun. Wound.

It rang out before I could even blink. Her eyes widened, her hands shakily moving towards her torso where the blood was pooling.

"Angel!" I screamed, starting to rush towards her. Her eyes were closed before I could even reach her. Her hands slipped off of the banister, her body falling to the ground.