Fateful Meeting

Adryn was just a normal member of Fairy Tail. She wasn't that interesting and she wasn't that uninteresting. She was completely normal. However, she was hiding a deep secret that she couldn't tell anyone. She actually had a dragon slayer lacrima embedded within her. Specifically, a lightning dragon slayer lacrima. How did she get that inside of her body? As a child, once her parents mysteriously disappeared, she was taken in by Master Makarov's son, Master Ivan of Raven Tail. He put the lacrima within her when he realized that Laxus was not going to follow him.

While Adryn was secretive and normal, she had a few friends. Her best friend was Mirajane as her original best friends also mysteriously disappeared. I say that, but in truth, both Adryn's parents and friends were murdered by people that Ivan controlled. There was no proof and no bodies, but that is what he told Adryn when she was with him. He always threw that in her face and told her that it was all her fault for disobeying him.

Eventually, after years of abuse and mental, emotional and physical torture, she was released and was allowed to return to Fairy Tail. She agreed to never tell anyone about the time spent with Ivan and that she would pretend that the job really took that long for her to complete. Master Makarov and Mirajane never truly believed her story, but they never pressured her for answers. So, Adryn kept quiet and vowed to never tell a soul about her time with Ivan and Raven Tail.

This is what leads us to where Adryn is now. She just entered the guildhall and walked up to the bar where Mirajane was. She didn't like showing her face at the guildhall, but her best friend requested that she appear there to have a chat before Adryn continued on with her newest job.

"So, why did you summon me? I was about to leave." Adryn, wrapped in her black cloak, frowned deeply. She really hated other people seeing her and it was rare that she was ever there in the guildhall. Usually, she would sneak in late at night when everyone was too drunk to notice her, but right now it was the middle of the day.

"Well, there was more interest in the job that you took, and Master decided that you shouldn't go alone and instead go with a group," Mirajane responded with a smile on her face. The frown on Adryn's face deepened.

"Um, how about no."

"How about yes." The deep voice of a man from behind Adryn caused her to turn around. She had to look up pretty high to see the face of Laxus. Since she was only 5'2" and he was significantly taller than her she did indeed have to look up pretty high.

"Adryn, this is Laxus. He and the Thunder Legion found the job as well and wanted to take it, but heard that you had already taken it. They requested that they work the job, but since you refused to let it go, you have to work together with them." Mirajane spoke up while Adryn just glared up at the tall man.

"If it means I have to work with people, then forget that." Adryn snapped instantly.

"Adryn, you need to be more accustomed to being around people. You can't just live alone for the rest of your life. We are a family and you are a part of that, correct?" It was now Master Makarov speaking much to Adryn's annoyance. She turned to look at him and frowned even deeper than before.

"I guess so." Adryn finally responded after a moment of thinking.

"Then work together with Laxus and the others. They are good people. Plus, you're alone too much and need to get out with people more."

"I get it, I'll play nice with them." Adryn was clearly not thrilled with the situation. However, she still turned to Laxus and began to speak to him. "I don't know about you people, but I'm leaving right now."

"We are ready as well. Let's all leave together." It was Freed addressing her now. Adryn nodded her head and watched as Laxus turned around and walked away with Freed, Bickslow, and Evergreen following after him. Adryn said goodbye to Mirajane and then followed after them as well. They quickly made their way to the train station and waited for the train to get there. It took a few minutes but eventually, the train arrived. Adryn was a little pale when she watched the train pull up to the station.