Realization

After Eclipse pulled out a few pieces of paper and a writing utensil, she carefully handed it to Nova through the runes. The group watched as Nova began to write down the information about the potion to undo what she did to Adryn. The group around her watched as Nova wrote as if doubting every word she wrote down. However, after a few minutes, Nova was done and was holding out the paper to the group.

"Here. These are the ingredients and instructions to make the potion. Do with it as you will." Nova grumbled as Arcadia took the paper and began to read it. "Now, release me!"

"Don't release her," Laxus spoke to Freed instantly. Nova's head snapped to look at the man.

"What the hell do you mean?! We had a deal!" Nova was enraged immediately as she screamed at Laxus.

"What if the potion you gave us is poison and will kill Arcadia. We can't let you go while that's a possibility." Laxus explained to the angry girl. Nova then began to yell incoherently as the group around her began to talk.

"The Thunder Legion, you guys head out and collect the ingredients on this list. The rest of us will stay here and keep an eye on Nova." Eclipse spoke up, ignoring her sister's screams.

"Alright," Freed responded simply as he and the other two agreed as well. They quickly headed out of the room and left the others to watch Nova.

"Now then, let's stop the yelling. I'm sure we can have a perfectly normal conversation now, right Nova?" Eclipse muttered to her sister. Nova sat back down on the chair with a pout.

"Fine." Nova then turned her attention to the little girl. "So, Serenity, how have you been?"

"Back off. I don't want to talk to you anymore." Serenity responded simply as she hid behind Laxus. That brought a laugh out of the lilac-haired girl.

"Oh come now, you shouldn't talk to your former mother like that." Nova's voice was mocking to the little girl. It infuriated her, making her come out from behind Laxus' legs. However, before Serenity could say a word, Arcadia spoke up.

"You were never Serenity's mother! You should stop talking before I walk in there and punch you!" Arcadia snapped angrily. She was defensive now and hated Nova telling Serenity that she was once her mother.

"How is Serenity going to be raised?"

"We will raise her together," Laxus responded simply, stepping in front of Serenity protectively. That seemed to hit a nerve for Nova. She instantly stood up and glared at the man.

"Why are you so willing to accept Arcadia and her daughter?!" Nova yelled out angrily. She just didn't understand why he accepted them so easily.

"Arcadia is someone I deeply care for, so I'm willing to accept anything with her, as long as it's within reason. Meaning, Serenity was within reason." Laxus explained though he wasn't sure why exactly he was telling this to her. It was completely out of character to admit such things to people that he wasn't even close to. However, he felt it necessary to explain to the lilac-haired girl. However, she just laughed at him.

"You know, Adryn was keeping this, Serenity, from you. Meaning, she'd been lying to you all along."

"That's nearly impossible! You said it yourself that Adryn was so drugged that she probably didn't even remember being pregnant!" Serenity yelled out, stepping out from behind Laxus once again.

"Shut up! Mind your own business, you little brat! I should have killed you when I had the chance!" Nova's harsh words caused tears to form in the little girl's eyes. Instantly, Laxus and Arcadia were at Serenity's side.