Doing The Job

Laxus kept a hold of Adryn all the way back to their inn. He even dragged her up the stairs and to his room before throwing the door open and practically tossing the girl onto his bed out of anger. Bickslow, Evergreen and Freed all trailed behind them, concerned over what was about to happen.

"What the hell was that?" Laxus asked Adryn as she got up from his bed. She seemed a bit rattled from being so manhandled.

"I... I lost control of my anger, I'm sorry." Adryn hesitantly responded as she looked down at the ground.

"You need to tell us your history with Ivan, right now, before we continue on with this job." Evergreen snapped as she approached the other girl. Adryn just looked up at Evergreen and frowned.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes!" Both Evergreen and Laxus snapped back at the girl causing her to wince out of both pain and fear from their loud voices.

"Alright, damn, fine, I'll tell you guys. Sit down, this is going to be a long story." Adryn made herself more comfortable on Laxus' bed. Laxus sat down on the other side of the bed, Evergreen took the chair in the room while Freed and Bickslow decided to just stand. Adryn didn't begin speaking right away, she just thought overall she was going to say before she said it to them.

"Well, we're waiting," Evergreen spoke up when Adryn didn't speak for a few moments, she clearly had no patience.

"I guess I should start by saying that I, too, am a lightning dragon slayer due to a lacrima embedded within my body. Before you ask, I was turned into this by Ivan due to him realizing that Laxus wasn't going to follow him after he left the guild. Ivan was already taking care of me then due to my parents' mysterious disappearance."

"Mysterious disappearance?" Freed questioned when Adryn didn't immediately give an explanation for that.

"They were out on a job and never returned home. They were presumed dead, but their bodies were never found. I'm pretty certain that Ivan had them killed or killed them himself to get a hold of me." Adryn paused in her speaking to think about something else before finally saying it. It was like she didn't want to say it at all though. "My former best friend, Eclipse and her family were also murdered when Ivan realized that they were going to try to save me from him. Her little sister, Nova, my first lover, was kept alive as a hostage to ensure I did everything that Ivan wanted me to do."

"You dated a girl?" Bickslow questioned with his babies repeating that same question.

"I did. She was my first love. However, it turned out that she'd been dead the entire time. I did horrible things to keep her alive, and when I found out that she was already dead, I lost it. I went through years of mental, physical and emotional abuse at the hands of Ivan and the other Raven Tail members just to keep someone alive, that was already dead. I won't get into details on the exact abuse, but just know that it wasn't pleasant."

"What did you do when you realized she was already dead?" Evergreen now took her turn to question things.

"I flipped out on Ivan and nearly killed him, but decided that I shouldn't at the last second. So, I just left Raven Tail and returned to Fairy Tail. He let me go for some reason. I'm sure he always has planned to get me back, but I don't ever plan on going back to him."

"I cannot believe that someone so horrible exists. I'm sorry that you had to go through that." Freed stated after Adryn was done talking.

"It's disgusting that he did all those horrible things to you. I can't believe you lasted through all that." Evergreen spoke up next.

"We should go right back to him and kick his ass!" Bickslow angrily said with his babies repeating, "Kick his ass!" a few times also angrily. Laxus shaking his head caught their attention next.