Hope

Laxus and the Thunder Legion finally reached the Magic Council headquarters only to find out that Eclipse was no longer there, and that two women had attacked them. Once the two women were described, Laxus and the others knew that they were talking about Arcadia and Nova.

"We need to find Eclipse. I can still smell her scent. I can't smell Arcadia or Nova for some reason." Laxus explained to the Thunder Legion.

"Alright, hopefully, she'll lead us to the other two," Freed stated as they all headed out in the direction of where Eclipse was. It took the rest of the day for Laxus and the Thunder Legion to find Eclipse. When they finally found her, she had set up camp in the forest between the towns.

"Oh, hello. I didn't expect to see you guys out here." Eclipse had apparently sensed them coming, so she was welcoming to them.

"May we join you?" Freed questioned as they approached the lone girl. She nodded her head and they all came to sit around the fire that Eclipse had built.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Looking for..." Laxus paused and wasn't sure which name he was supposed to use for Arcadia.

"For Adryn/Arcadia? Yeah, me too." Eclipse frowned and looked into the fire. "She and Nova came to... visit me and now I'm following them. I can sense them through my connection with both of them."

"We were hoping that you could find them since their scent disappeared suddenly," Laxus explained to the pink-haired girl. She just nodded her head and sighed.

"They must have someone with teleportation magic with them. They will be hard to catch."

"So, you said they 'visited' you? What exactly happened?" Freed asked with curiosity. Eclipse then explained to them what happened between her and the other two girls. "So essentially, Nova just wanted to try to break you."

"Yeah, and it nearly worked, but something about Arcadia just seemed wrong. Her pain magic wasn't nearly as strong as it could have been. It was like she was holding back for my sake. It made me realize that I needed to be strong for her to be able to save her. So that's what I'm going to do."

"We will save her," Laxus said harshly.

"Yeah, of course, we will. We all care about her deeply. I don't like this Arcadia character, we need Adryn back. She wasn't perfect, but she at least cared about us back." After that, the conversation died down and they ended up going to sleep soon after that. Laxus didn't sleep well at all. He was dwelling too much on how they were going to save his girlfriend. Eclipse was in the same boat. She couldn't sleep well because she was too worried that they wouldn't be able to save her.

~

The next morning, the group got up fairly early and headed out. They were close to the next town, but it would take a few hours. However, once they got there, Laxus picked up Arcadia's scent. They followed the scent to an apartment in the middle of town. Not wanting to bother anyone by acting like psychos, Eclipse simply knocked on the door where Laxus smelled Arcadia from, rather than breaking in the door dramatically. After a few moments of silence, the door opened to reveal Arcadia standing there.

"Oh, hello. Come on in." Arcadia spoke as she smiled at the group which confused them entirely. "Nova told me I would have visitors, but she also told me that I should kill you if any of you tried anything with me." Arcadia led them to the living room and sat down on the couch. "So, who are you all and what do you want with me?"

"What?" Eclipse questioned a little shocked at Arcadia's question. "You don't know who we are?"

"No, should I?" That was terrifying to the group, as she at least remembered them before and didn't seem so confused.