After The Wedding

Eventually, Adryn and Laxus are drawn into the partying. The married couple was sat down at a table and were brought drinks, however, before Adryn could start drinking, Bickslow approached her.

"Hey, Adryn? Can I talk to you for a moment?" Bickslow questioned as he motioned for Adryn to come with him to a quieter side of the guildhall.

"Uh... sure?" Adryn responded in a questioning tone. She looked to Laxus who was now speaking with his grandfather and just shrugged her shoulders. She then got up from the table and followed Bickslow to where he guided her to. "So, what's up? Is there something wrong?"

"No, well I don't think so at least." Bickslow's words were confusing to the girl. She couldn't think about a single reason as to what Bickslow would have to say to her.

"What does that even mean?"

"You can't drink anything anymore, alright?"

"I literally just spent a night of drinking, what's the problem?" Adryn was getting a little upset with the man in front of her and he could tell.

"Don't freak out, but I can see another soul within you."

"You can what now?!" Adryn looked down at her stomach in realization. She began to breathe heavily and it caused Bickslow to put his hands on her shoulders.

"You are pregnant. I don't think that all you drank last night will hurt anything since it is so early, but you should get checked out in the morning." Bickslow was trying to calm the girl down, but it only made it worse. Adryn took a step away from the man and held her face in her hands.

"I can't believe it. I'm going to have another child, and this time I'll hopefully remember it all." To Bickslow's surprise, Adryn was excited and happy about the situation. She removed her hands and smiled up at Bickslow. "Thank you for telling me. I'm just... so happy now." Adryn couldn't help the tears that began to escape her eyes. Bickslow just smiled back at the girl, but his smile left when they both heard a voice.

"What's going on over here? Why is my wife crying?" It was Laxus who'd finally realized that Adryn was gone, only to turn and see her crying. Bickslow instantly put his hands up and took a step back.

"I was just telling her something, I swear," Bickslow stated before he took off in another direction. Laxus was at Adryn's side now and was caught off guard when she threw herself at him and hugged him tightly.

"What's going on, Adryn?" Laxus was thoroughly confused now.

"Laxus, Bickslow can see another soul within me. I'm pregnant!" Hearing those words from Adryn caused Laxus' brain to fizzle out for a moment. He just stared down at her, wide-eyed and confused. It took him a few moments to process the words that she'd spoken to him. Then, he smiled down at her.

"Seriously? You're going to have a baby, my baby?"

"Isn't it amazing?!" Adryn laughed as she spoke and was cut off by Laxus wrapping his arms around her. The two held each other for a moment before pulling apart. "Let's tell everyone!"

"Yeah." Laxus couldn't help but agree. The smile that was on Adryn's face was one that wasn't always there. It was pure happiness and elation. Adryn didn't always get the chance to feel like that, so Laxus would do anything to make sure it stayed there or at least returned another time.

"What are you two doing over there all alone and are you crying, Adryn?" Eclipse questioned a little worried about the two of them. However, Laxus and Adryn just looked at each other and smiled before speaking in unison.

"We're having a baby!" The married couple's words shocked everyone and caused silence before everyone burst out into excitement. That caused everyone to begin partying harder and louder.