New Journey

After Adryn and Laxus separated from their hug, they headed to Adryn's home. She needed to collect some of her things for the night before she fully moved into Laxus' home at a later date. Adryn chose some clothing and a few books as the items that she brought with her to her boyfriend's home. Once they got back to his apartment, they saw the Thunder Legion waiting there for them.

"What brings you guys here?" Adryn asked as she approached the three of them.

"We... wanted to make sure that you two were alright," Freed stated simply. His hesitancy caused Adryn to smile at them.

"You mean, you missed us, along with wanting to check up on us."

"I guess you could say that. So are you going to let us in or what?" Evergreen questioned as she shivered slightly. The night was approaching and it was getting a little chilly now.

"Of course." Adryn chuckled as she watched Laxus walk up the steps with the Thunder Legion following quickly behind. She followed them and as soon as they were in Laxus' apartment, she set her bag down. Laxus had another bag of hers as well, but she insisted on carrying her bag of books.

"What's up with the bags?" Bickslow finally asked what the three of them were thinking.

"Adryn lives here now." Laxus simply spoke up like it was no big deal.

"You two live together now?!" Evergreen cried out in shock as she looked back and forth between the two lovers. Adryn was smiling as Laxus just shrugged his shoulders.

"Laxus decided that he couldn't live without me any longer and made me realize that I can't live without him either," Adryn explained simply, leaving out the part where she tried to leave him before.

"I'm happy for you two. You guys are a good couple." Freed commented instantly.

"Yeah and I'm sure you two will have plenty of fun now." Bickslow stated with his babies repeating, "Fun! Fun!" Adryn just shook her head as Laxus glared at his friend.

"As long as you two think it's good for you, then I'll support you on this," Evergreen spoke up, ignoring Bickslow and his babies.

"So, how did you two come to the conclusion that living together was a good idea? What caused this decision other than your feelings?" Freed was clearly curious. It wasn't every day that Laxus decided to have a girl live with him.

"Well, after all the things I went through, Laxus decided that he didn't want me to be alone anymore. After I got over trying to break up with him, I decided it was a good idea as well." Adryn explained causing the Thunder Legion to all look at her with shocked faces.

"You tried to break up with him?!" All three reacted instantly.

"Yeah, she tried to leave me. Over something stupid." Laxus spoke up finally, causing the three friends to look between them with confusion. "She felt that she caused me too many problems."

"You felt you were a burden on Laxus?" Freed looked to the redhead for clarification. She just nodded her head in response. "Laxus would never think you're a burden, right Laxus?"

"Of course I don't and won't think she's a burden," Laxus stated immediately.

"I believe you, but I just am worried that I'll cause even more problems and-" Adryn was about to go on a tangent about different things, but Laxus interrupted her.

"It'll be okay. I said I'd protect you and I will. Even if it's from yourself and your negative thoughts."

"So sweet." Bickslow teased with his babies echoing his words twice.