Adryn's Gone

After Adryn and Nova disappeared from sight, the group around Laxus and the Thunder Legion scattered. None of them were able to catch someone to make them tell them where Adryn was being taken. Laxus could obviously smell where Adryn had gone but Freed stopped him from following after her scent.

"Laxus, we should head to an inn first. We need to make a plan of attack, or else we might end up getting Adryn hurt while we try to save her." Freed informed the dragon slayer, who reluctantly agreed with him. The 4 of them then headed to an inn and got one big room like last time. They chose what beds they were going to sleep on, and then began to discuss what they were going to do.

"I say we just go in and get her," Laxus stated from his bed near the window. "I can follow her scent. I'll know where she is."

"I think that would be a bad idea, Laxus. Like I said before, we don't know what would happen and we might hurt Adryn in the process." Freed instantly refused his leader's suggestion.

"We should go back to the guild and get more people to outnumber them." Evergreen suggested from her bed by the door.

"We should wait and gather information about them and the situation that Adryn is in before we do anything. We cannot risk hurting her in the process of saving her. She wouldn't want us to risk ourselves either." Freed was very definite with his tone. He didn't want them to argue with him.

"I agree with Freed. We need to be careful with this." Bickslow stated with his babies echoing, "Careful! Careful!"

"I agree as well," Evergreen stated as she looked to Laxus. The man sighed before nodding his head.

"Alright. Let's go with what Freed says." Laxus was clearly not happy about that at all. Laxus was just getting angrier by the second until he couldn't hold it in any longer. "I can't believe that Adryn left us like that. I can't protect her if she isn't by my side. I swore I'd protect her, what if something happens to her while we aren't there?" At first, the Thunder Legion wasn't sure what to say to Laxus and they weren't sure if the man wanted them to even say anything. However, Freed finally found his voice and spoke up.

"She chose to leave your side, Laxus. It isn't your fault if anything happens to her. Besides, she's strong and can protect herself." Freed stated to his friend, who just shot him a glare and got up from the bed he was sitting on. "Where are you going?" They watched as Laxus stomped over to the door.

"Out," Was all Laxus responded as he left and slammed the door behind him. He made his way out of the inn and began to just wander around the city. He was trying to avoid heading to where Adryn was since he already agreed to not go after her yet. Even the walk couldn't get his mind right, so he was still angry when someone stepped into his path causing him to stop and glare at them. They were in the shadows but then stepped fully out into the light, causing Laxus to growl at them.

"Hey there, Laxus. How are you feeling?" It was Nova standing in front of Laxus. She had a smug smile on her face, which served to piss Laxus off further along with her words.

"I'm pissed off and I want my girlfriend back!" Laxus snapped at the girl, who chuckled in return.

"I'm sorry, but Adryn was mine first, though I never wanted her. I have big plans for her and you better not get your hopes up that you'll ever see the girl you know again. Once I'm through with her, she won't be the same person." That infuriated Laxus further, and he moved to step closer to her but found he was frozen in place. "Sorry about this, but I can't let you attack me just yet." Nova then smiled at him and spoke to him telepathically. 'Adryn will never be your again.' With that, Nova turned around and walked off. As soon as she turned a corner, Laxus was able to move and he ran after her, only to find her gone now with no trace at all left behind.