Apart

The next morning, Adryn felt like she woke up fairly early. From what she could see from the room, dawn was just breaking and light was just beginning to flow into the room. She wasn't facing the window though so she wasn't sure. Adryn figured that she was awake first and she wanted to see the window to see if her guesses of it being early were right, but when she turned around she was met face to face with an awake Laxus. Adryn gasped out, nearly screaming when she saw him watching her. It seemed like he was just as shocked that she was awake.

"Good morning," Laxus muttered after his shock wore off. His voice was as quiet, well as quiet as he could be.

"Morning," Adryn replied simply with a hesitant smile on her face. "How long have you been awake?"

"For a little while, I guess."

"Did you even sleep?" Adryn saw the slight sleepiness on his face that wasn't from just waking up.

"Off and on," Laxus whispered as he sat up quietly. Adryn followed him and sat up next to him but with a good distance between them.

"The others are still asleep," Adryn stated, pointing out the obvious. Laxus just hummed in response as he looked to the window to see how bright it was outside. It was getting brighter by the minute. "I finally have an answer to Evergreen's question from last night." Laxus turned back to Adryn only to see her looking at her hands now.

"And?"

"I'd rather tell everyone all at once, so I don't have to keep repeating myself." To Adryn's statement, Laxus just nodded his head. The two then sat in silence for a little bit, until Adryn's stomach began growling.

"We should wake up the others and get some food soon," Laxus stated simply as he climbed out of their bed. Adryn watched as he went over and shook Freed awake. The green-haired man sat up slowly and looked to Laxus. Adryn nearly burst out into laughter at Freed's hair. It was all over the place and was insane. "It's time to wake up the others," Laxus spoke to Freed who was trying to tame his wild hair. Once the man's hair was decent, he climbed out of his bed and woke Evergreen and Bickslow.

"We're up early. What's going on?" Evergreen questioned as she sat up in bed and looked around at the others after putting on her glasses.

"It's time to get ready for the day. Plus, Adryn has an answer to your question." Laxus simply explained to the girl. Evergreen perked up when she heard that.

"Oh? So what is your answer? Do you still love Nova?" To Evergreen's question, Adryn turned to the group and got ready to speak. She took a deep breath and then began.

"I do love Nova. However, I'm not in love with her and I honestly probably never was. I was always just very attached to her because I had nearly no one else. Plus I met her when she was a newborn, so she always held a special place in my heart. We were always together and I care deeply about her. Even so, she is now a threat to us and I am alright with taking her down. Even so, I might have problems with it. Though, I'll do my best." Adryn explained to her friends and boyfriend. It took them a moment to process all she'd said, and then they nodded their heads.

"I can accept that." Evergreen stated simply as she climbed out of bed to get ready for the day. The rest of them agreed with her as well and they took turns using the bathroom to get ready. Laxus had a weird feeling in his stomach, but he wrote it off as that he was hungry or something.

As soon as everyone was ready to leave, they headed to the tavern to eat some breakfast before they started their travels. There were more people now and they all seemed completely normal. So, after they got a table, Adryn headed to the bar.

"Excuse me." Adryn approached one of the men behind the bar.

"Yes? How can I help you?" The man responded kindly as he smiled at her.