The Time Before

The next morning, Laxus and Adryn were awoken by their bed shaking. They were confused and opened their eyes to see Serenity, on their bed bouncing in place. She had a huge smile on her face and when she saw that they were awake, she pounced on them.

"Good morning!" Serenity called out as she laid between the couple.

"Morning," Laxus grumbled as he rolled over to get out of bed. Adryn sat up and smiled at her daughter.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" Adryn questioned her child as she watched Laxus move over to the closet to grab new clothes for the day. He then left the room and entered the bathroom.

"I slept great! How did you two sleep?" Serenity seemed like a completely different child. She clearly was feeling more at home now and was becoming more of the child she should be.

"I slept well. I'm sure Laxus did as well." Adryn then climbed out of bed and went to gather her own clothes for the day.

"I'll leave you to put your day clothes on. I'll be in the living room." Serenity then climbed off of the bed and headed out the door, closing it behind her. Adryn then got dressed for the day and as she was changing, Laxus reentered the room all dressed and ready for the day. Once both of them were done, they exited the room and met up with Serenity in the living room.

"I'll make breakfast, you two set the table," Laxus told the two others as he walked into the kitchen. The two girls agreed and made their way to their table. They collected their tableware and began to set the table as Laxus made them breakfast.

It didn't take too long for them to finish with the table, and for Laxus to finish with breakfast. They quickly ate their food while chatting about their dreams from the night. Serenity had a particularly interesting dream, as she dreamed about Adryn being pregnant. It startled Adryn and Laxus, but they wrote it off as just a wishful dream from the child.

"So, where are we going today?" Serenity asked as the three of them left their apartment.

"To the guildhall. We want to talk about the wedding with our friends." Adryn responded as she grabbed a hold of Serenity's hand. Serenity then offered her other hand to Laxus and he took it. The three quickly made their way through town and reached the guildhall. Once there, they met up with their group of friends. Meaning the Thunder Legion, Eclipse, and Mirajane.

"So, how was your first night in the new place?" Mirajane questioned as soon as they were all together.

"It was great. You should come and visit soon." Adryn smiled at her friend. "Laxus and I also talked about our wedding. We figured out that we want it to happen here and sooner rather than later."

"Have you figured out anything in detail?" Eclipse asked simply.

"Hmm. Well, I think I know who I want to be my maid of honor."

"Oh?" Mirajane and Eclipse both looked at each other, wondering who would be the one that Adryn would pick."

"Both of you," Adryn answered their unspoken question. "I want you, Mira to be co-maid's of honor with Eclipse. I want both of you to be in that role since both of you mean so much to me."

"Adryn!" Both Mirajane and Eclipse hurried and wrapped their arms around the redhead. She tensed up but allowed it to happen.

"I take it that you two are alright with that?"

"Yeah, we're more than alright, right Eclipse?" Mirajane questioned as she looked over to the pink-haired girl. Eclipse just nodded her head in return.

"What about me?" Evergreen butted in, ruining the moment the three girls were having.

"I was getting to you." Adryn smiled at Evergreen. "I want you to be a bridesmaid."