Broken, Shattered, & Crushed

Cold, dark, and empty...

All words to describe the feeling of entering a villain's lair. Ladybug used her hands to feel around the place where her face was even shrouded by the inky blackness. Her footsteps echoed throughout the long passage as she held her breath. She thought of all who'd suffered under his evil plots and thought of her friends that were fighting outside. She couldn't let them down if she wanted to.

With fist-filled determination, she walked forward.

"Are you going to keep doing that every time you sneak into a villain's hideaway?"

She nearly leaped out of her jumpsuit as a giggle was heard behind her. Her head swiveled around so fast that she thought she'd gotten temporary whiplash. A pair of fox ears popped their way out of the shadows as the voluptuous form of her fox themed super friend came out with a flashlight in her hand. She gave a quirky smile through the darkness as her auburn hair trailed down her jumpsuit.

"Volpina what are you doing here?" She whispered, trying to put her heart back into her chest.

"You seemed like you could use some quantic help." The fox girl shrugged. "I thought what the heck and decided to follow you anyways."

Part of Ladybug wanted to commend her for getting thus far while the other part wanted to choke her living daylights for scaring her. She shook her pigtailed hair and gave a loud sigh.

"Fine Volpina, but if anything, and I mean anything, happens to you while we bust in, I will be fully responsible."

"Of course oh fearless one." Volpina took the flashlight and lightly tapped her on the head. "Now are we going to kick MothButt or what?"

Ladybug smiled and rolled her eyes. "Lead the way tricky."
_______________________________________

"Marinette are you alright?"

Bridgette snapped out of her dazed state as she faced her teacher. She blushed lightly and bowed her head.

"I'm sorry Ms. Bustier! I was just thinking about something!"

"Something more important than the French Revolution?"

The whole class snickered as her bangs formed question marks. "We were talking about what now?"

Before she could reply, the bell rung to signal the end of the day. Ms. Bustier sighed and turned to the rest of the class.

"Okay homework will be pages 54-67 and I want notes on the impact of the French Revolution due by Friday. And next time Miss Dupain-Cheng will be available for us I suppose."

Bridgette groaned and gathered her books into her bag so that she could catch up with Alya. She walked down the stairs and failed to notice where she was walking. A leg stepped out from under one of the tables and she found herself flying.

I'm falling! Oh no, the floor is coming so close now! Help,someone help! Her thoughts rang as the hardwood floor edged ever closer.

But she didn't hit her face, nor did she impact at all for that manner. A soft pair of arms had wrapped themselves around her petite frame and kept her from kissing the ground. She turned slightly to see the boy who looked like a more innocent version of Felix.