Chapter III

17th January 2005, Moscow

(Y/N) POV
I am now 22 years old. After the incident with my grandpa and Sam I decided to run away and train hard in order to kill the person who murdered my parents because I blamed them for what followed. So I decided to join an organisation called H.Y.D.R.A. I found them at the age of 16 and ever since then I've been part of it. I had made quite a name in the underground. I had also killed many people during my training. I was the best H.Y.D.R.A. had, so I was ordered to kill a traitor from an organisation called Red Room. Apparently her name was Natalia Romanova. They warned me about her and even though they advised me to use my "demonic" powers, I wouldn't do that. I hate Daemon and besides, I couldn't control him.

I headed towards the hotel I was supposed to stay in and straight to my room. When I got in I locked the door behind me and headed towards the bed. I opened my suitcase and took out my suit and wore it. I also took out my guns, knives and blades and hid them in my suit.

(A/N): The suit is from Arrow, just in red instead of green and this is your equipment)

Then, I decided to head outside. It was night so I went out from the the window. I climbed to the roof of the hotel I was staying in and I surveyed the area. I knew where she would strike. Her next target would have been in the Red Square so I headed towards it. I jumped from roof to roof until I spot a figure moving to the same way I did. It was my target.

"THAT'S HER"

"I know Daemon" I said as I took my blades out. "It just feels weird killing another assassin."

"YOUR SUPERIORS TOLD YOU TO USE ME. ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT?"

"No. I'll never use you and you know that. You can just go back to hell for all I care." I said coldly and looked at my target. She stopped.

"ty zdes', chtoby ubit' menya?"
(Are you here to kill me tonight?)" She said in Russian. "Vy mozhete vyyti iz teni.
(You can come out of the shadows).  "YA ne budu kusat'sya ...escio" (I won't bite...yet)

"You sound quite confident for a person that knows who is your killer." I said as I stepped out of the shadows and into the night light. "And stop with Russian. It's a language I am not fluent in...yet."

"As you wish (N/N)." She said and approached me.

"I believe that death is not something bad. Unless it is slow and painful. That's why I'll try to make yours fast." I said and stepped closer as well.

We were both doing circles like lions. None of us made the first move. We were both the best and we knew that making the first move is always dangerous, especially when you don't know your opponent well.

10 seconds. In 10 seconds I'll attack. I have to kill her and go back to the base. Besides, I left some sketches unfinished so I have to hurry and finish them.

4....3....2.....1....

As if on cue Natasha attacked me at the same time which meant only one thing. She could read me. My moves, my thoughts, she can predict my actions before I even make them. I was going to lose.

I used my blades so that I could make her back off but it didn't work. It was the first time I was going to lose and I didn't want that. I instantly let go of my blades and grabbed my knuckle knives and moved on to offence. Thankfully I was able to injure her cheek which made her back away for a bit. That was all I needed. She may have been able to overpower me at first but I had the opening I wanted. With a quick move I switched to my knives and attacked her head on.

I couldn't have been more wrong. I should have expected that. Pretending to give an opening to your opponent is a huge risk, but to actually give one!

With a quick yet elegant move she climbed on my shoulders and started hitting me on my head. With that, I remembered what they did to me when they trained me. In H.Y.D.R.A. during the training rounds it was killed or be killed and had it not been for Daemon that day, I probably wouldn't be here now.

I felt rage burning  my insides. I couldn't think clearly. I started screaming as my body started heating up and pain filled me in.

"I WARNED YOU. THE MINUTE YOU LOSE CONTROL I WILL TAKE OVER."

3rd Person POV

And that's what Daemon did. (Y/N)'s whole body was on fire. He took over it and created his scythe out of fire. Natasha was petrified. However she didn't lose any time and prepared to battle Daemon. He attacked her. With a few lucky dodges, she was able to avoid being hit. But Daemon was fighting like a maniac making her slip. Then he jumped right at her with fire burning her suit. He was about to finish her when a scream was heard...

(Y/N) POV
My whole body was in pain. Daemon's fire burned through my skin and reached my bones. I had to regain control. I don't know why I lost my cool and I didn't care. All I wanted was to stop him. And I did. I started screaming because the pain was too much to take.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING! FOOL! I CAN KILL HER"

"I'll....be the one....to kill...her..." I mumbles as I regained control of my body.

Soon the fire died out. Natasha was bleeding and my entire body was burned.

"I'm sorry.... about that little... interruption." I said coughing.

Just then I realised that I was on top of her. I looked straight into her green eyes. They were beautiful. A rare color as well. However what I saw surprised me. I cought a hint of...pain and sadness.

Just then she fake coughed.

"Yeah sorry." I said as I got up. I helped her get up as well. Then I realised what had happened. I helped my target. I got up and run away. I climbed to a nearby building and disappeared into the night.