Chapter VIII

After arriving at the hotel and getting ready, I checked the my watch, 10:45 which meant I had an hour and fifteen minutes to wait. I knew that I had to go to our old hideout. It was an abandoned cabin in the forest, that had a huge basement beneath it. That basement had a total of 4 extra rooms  and all of us had claimed one when we first found it.

I opened the doors to the balcony and stepped out. Our room was in the third floor and the hotel had a total of six floors. So I started climbing up. I didn't want to risk being seen by using the staircase or the elevator. After reaching the rooftop I checked my watch again. 10:50.

"Great, that's a new record." I said. And moved towards the next building the hight of which was around the fourth floor of the hotel. After reaching the next building, I climbed from rooftop to rooftop until I reached my grandfather's house. I checked at my watch again, 11:14. I jumped from the rooftop and landed on the pavement. I rushed to the garage, opened the door, got in started examining the car. After about half an hour I finished repairing it, closed the car hood and filled the tank with petrol. Then I found the dusty keys that were on a desk, got inside the car and started the engine. To my surprise it started. The car was a black 1992 Buick Park Avenue that my father had gifted to my grandpa with black leather seats. I got in and drove off. I looked at my watch, 11:50. I needed to hurry so I stepped on the gas.

"Hey Daemon, I can't believe I'm asking this but can I count on you to help me out if things come to worse?"

"NO"

Come on at least heal me. I'm probably going to need it.

" I TOLD YOU I AM NOT GOING TO HELP YOU. AND I SHOULDN'T EVEN BE TALKING TO YOU. I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE. YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME. I SHALL ONLY HELP IF YOU FALL TO YOUR KNEES AND BEG ME."

"Then keep dreaming about it!" I said angrily.

I arrived at our hideout at 12 exactly. I had my weapons ready because I realised that Adam must had received special training. I opened the door with my gun ready. The air was stale and it smelled really weird, like something had died in here. I walked to the door of the basement and found it wide open. Also, I noticed a trail of blood on the floor.

"I swear if he hurt her I'm going to kill him" I mumbled to myself as I walked down the stairs. I had my flashlight on which was bad because it gave away my position but I didn't care. All that mattered to me was to find Natasha. I had to...

Please be alive, please be alive..... No it's her we are talking about. There is no way she is dead. She is alive I'm sure about it..

I reached the bottom of the staircase and  walked into the main room. I followed the trail of blood and it lead straight to Sam's room.
The door to her room was opened as well. I walked through the doorstep and searched for the switch. When we were kids, we had discovered a Power generator that I had managed to repair so I hoped it's still worked and it did. The room lit up and I looked around. It was exactly like Sam had left it... Then my eyes fell on Natasha and I froze.

She was chained up on a wall, all beaten up and blood had dried on her face. She lifted her head and looked at me. I rushed at her and started unchaining her.

"Hey Natasha. I'm sorry I took so long. I'm here now, I'll get you out of here." Then I uncuffed her other hand and she fell on my arms.

"You...came..." She said.

"Of course I did. We are partners, aren't we?" I said and smiled.